The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

Betterredthandead - you have FM2013?? You bought the download version I suppose? Is the Whitecaps youth system in the game? Is FCEdmonton complete?

yeah, i did a preorder on greenmangaming (Steam key) since I had some credit there and used a coupon and got it for $15,or so. I just looked today and they had the key up so I can install the beta client. They don't have the tools installed yet, so I can't do a full check on all Canadians in the game. I will check FCE and Whitecaps Residency etc.

They have the Kelowna Whitecap youth team and u-23 both filled with fake players and then they have the Residency with real players and the first team/reserve of course. FCE seems complete, no reserve or youth squad since they are not in an active league. I took a SS

http://i50.tinypic.com/xe4v34.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suspect the source for the newspaper article was also the development academy that Fadden is signed with which specializes in placing players internationally (and SC Feucht seems to be one of the clubs they use) and there is a bit of marketing stuff in there that is not very accurate. Germany does not really have feeder clubs other than their own reserve teams though obviously a club located in the Nurnberg region is going to have much stronger ties and contacts to Nurnberg than any other club. Likewise as far as I know there aren't any U23 clubs that are playing in the pyramid other than the reserve teams. I suspect it is not allowed although there is nothing stopping a team from having only young players but for that most parts the reason for that would be probably financial necessity. In the German system talented players are found and transferred fairly young to the bigger clubs for low if any fees. It is hard to finance a small club or make a profit from selling players in Germany so most lower division clubs concentrate on getting as high up the pyramid as they can afford. Some of the lower division clubs do have decent youth programs though but as I said the talented players are snapped up pretty quickly.

"U-23 team" isn't an official term in the first place, although it has become quite trendy lately. Officially those U-23 teams are simply "second teams". The second teams of Bundesliga clubs have recently been limited to only having 3 players above the age of 23 on the field, but that was a compromise that is supposed to keep Bundesliga clubs from fielding experienced players in their reserve sides to level the playing field with other clubs a bit. It's a deliberate handicap put on reserves sides, therfore it obviously doesn't exist for other clubs (and doesn't exist for the reserve sides of amateur clubs either, just pro clubs). There's of course nothing stopping any club from fielding eleven 18 year olds or whatever.

It is actually common for pro clubs to have official cooperations with amateur clubs in their area. That's not really comparable to feeder clubs - the pro club helps out the other club with financing facilities, coaches, etc. while the amateur club puts talented players into touch with the pro club. However, the amateur club still remains fully independent.

SC Feucht, btw, has no officil cooperation with Nürnberg. FWIW, Nürnberg cooperates with 10 amateur clubs: http://www.fcn.de/junioren/partner/partnervereine/

Some more Football Manager 2013 possibilities:

Jeremy Aldo Caranci (20) - Italy (3) - Lega Pro Prima Divisione/B - Benevento

Born in London, Ontario

http://www.beneventocalciospa.it/pagine/rosa.asp?idsquadra=1

Tomasz Tochowicz (19) - Poland (1) - Ekstraklasa - Gornik Zabrze (Youth team)

Last club Lakeshore SC

http://gornikzabrze.pl/druzyna/mloda-ekstraklasa/tomasz-tochowicz

Marko Jankovic (24) - Serbia (2) - Prva Liga Srbija - Banat Zrenjanin

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/marko-jankovic/leistungsdaten/spieler_73128_2012.html

Ante Danicic (26) - Croatia - NK GOSK Dubrovnik

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ante-danicic/profil/spieler_57221.html

Alex. That's pretty much exactly what Grizzly said already. Isn't it?

Peters @ Odense? That's not too shabby for him! I imagine he'd really enjoy it there.

Unforunately they didn't enjoy him:

http://www.ob.dk/artikel/proevespiller-rejser-hjem.aspx

"The Canadian player Jamie Peters has trained in OB since last Thursday, and on Monday he was with for 70 minutes of reserve team match against Vejle.

As planned, he subsequently returned home, and he will generally not be offered a contract in OB." (courtesy of Google translate)

Possible changes you can look over:

Martin John - Ontinyent CF (3rd tier Spain)

Sure enough

http://www.ontinyentcf.es/index.php/equips/1er-equip-plantilla/126-martin

Profile says he, "rejected the offer of MLS champions Colorado Rapids."

Has played in all ten of their matches this season. What would the quality of this football be, I wonder? Surely no Swedish second tier, right?

Unforunately they didn't enjoy him:

http://www.ob.dk/artikel/proevespiller-rejser-hjem.aspx

"The Canadian player Jamie Peters has trained in OB since last Thursday, and on Monday he was with for 70 minutes of reserve team match against Vejle.

As planned, he subsequently returned home, and he will generally not be offered a contract in OB." (courtesy of Google translate)

Poor Jamie Peters. Never should have signed with Ipswich, if it had been Chelsea, even if things had gone the same way, at least it would say Chelsea on his resume and he'd already be playing somewhere.

Worst mistake of his career was taking Yallop's advice. If Yallop was honourable he'd take Peters at San Jose, because frankly he owes the guy for the way things turned out.

Poor Jamie Peters. Never should have signed with Ipswich, if it had been Chelsea, even if things had gone the same way, at least it would say Chelsea on his resume and he'd already be playing somewhere.

Worst mistake of his career was taking Yallop's advice. If Yallop was honourable he'd take Peters at San Jose, because frankly he owes the guy for the way things turned out.

Nope...don't buy that. Far too many people hinting if not downright stating about his lack of workrate and weight gain. You can see it plainly in his face in the photo from Denmark. There is something else to the story, likely something about attitude that the club and the manager were too polite to say. Although he can't be credited for his discovery, Yallop, for better or for worse, gave the kid a lot of opportunity. If Peters were any good he would have established himself already. He had a terrible reputation when he went on loan at Bournemouth. Something is missing from the package.

Non-sense, far too often on this board I see posters blame the club, the country, the coach etc. for a players failure. Very few are willing to ever blame the player, Peters had all the oppertunity in the world to do something, but he didn't. This happens all the time with players from other nations, we are just so thin in talent each player with blown potential is a big hit to our program.

Non-sense, far too often on this board I see posters blame the club, the country, the coach etc. for a players failure. Very few are willing to ever blame the player, Peters had all the oppertunity in the world to do something, but he didn't. This happens all the time with players from other nations, we are just so thin in talent each player with blown potential is a big hit to our program.

Funny the double standards that exist in this supporters group. So quick to blame some players, and beautify others. (McKenna was sick against Honduras, what's Hainault's excuse 4 e.g.)

I'm just saying: Yallop gave advice, based, I assume, on knowing Jamie's character, to a guy who was what???? 17 ****ing years old! If I gave a teenager life advice and it turned out badly that's on me, as a man, and I make it right.

I mean Jamie is still only 25, he's a young man. I like to think we hold grown men to higher standards of accountability than for young blokes.

Even if Yallop misjudged Jamie, or the club, if I'm him, I do something about it. Something tells me Yallop doesn't have the character for it.

Now if Jamie, I'm not exactly pointing fingers either, other than maybe at dickhole managers. But I think Yallop could be the bigger man. If he felt like guiding Jamie's career before, why not now??

Funny the double standards that exist in this supporters group. So quick to blame some players, and beautify others. (McKenna was sick against Honduras, what's Hainault's excuse 4 e.g.)

I'm just saying: Yallop gave advice, based, I assume, on knowing Jamie's character, to a guy who was what???? 17 ****ing years old! If I gave a teenager life advice and it turned out badly that's on me, as a man, and I make it right.

I mean Jamie is still only 25, he's a young man. I like to think we hold grown men to higher standards of accountability than for young blokes.

Even if Yallop misjudged Jamie, or the club, if I'm him, I do something about it. Something tells me Yallop doesn't have the character for it.

Now if Jamie, I'm not exactly pointing fingers either, other than maybe at dickhole managers. But I think Yallop could be the bigger man. If he felt like guiding Jamie's career before, why not now??

You won’t see me make excuses for our players.

How did it go wrong for Peters because of Yallop’s advice? Peters had 99 appearances for Ipswich, 99 appearances to cement a place on the team and he didn’t. Its one thing if Yallop said go to Ipswich and he never saw the pitch, but you can’t say Peters didn’t get a fair shake. At the end of the day people can only give you an opportunity, what happens to that opportunity is up to the player.

However, I’d be happy if Yallop gave Peters a chance in MLS I think Peters could make something of himself there and work his way back into the CMNT fold, but I don’t think Yallop owes Peters anything.

According to twitter accounts of the players, four Canadians are on trial for Club Nacional in Uruguay.

The list includes Lucas Cavallini's brother Cristian (who everyone seems to think is better than Lucas), Lucas Scorzafave, Jerome Toure and Anthony Osorio

Archived