The New Mother Of All Canadians Abroad

jpg75

How about Canadian execs/coaches at clubs abroad? Goran Miscevic (ex-CSL Serbian) is still head coach at Al-Oruba in the UAE (I think). A St. Catharines native called Bob Munro is chairman at Mathare United in Kenya and has been there since the 80s (apparently almost got deported a few years back after pissing off the wrong people). Isn't there a French club owned by a Canadian?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some guys that may be worth looking into (now and in the future)

Josip Kapusin

NK Karlovac 1919

Croatia 2

Bryan Cristante

AC Milan

Italy 1

Playing for Italian youth.. so no go for the list atm.

Nikola Kapusin

NK Karlovac 1919

Croatia 2

Stefano Bortolussi

AC Castellana

Italy 5

Christopher Maidana

Club Atletico Huracan

Argentina 2

Marko Jankovic

FK Banat Zrenjanin

Serbia 2

Yashar Moazzez

Pasargad Tehran

Iran 3

Michel Cruciani

Matera FC

Italy 5

Leonardo Di Lorenzo

C.D. Universidad de Concepción

Chile 1 (or 2?)

I hope Bryan Cristante never gets called to the Italian national team.

This is very unlikely though, seeing as he is the youngest ever Milan player to feature in a UEFA CL game at 16 years and 278 days. 3rd youngest player for ANY team to feature in a CL game.

Keeper, Lucas Birnstingl (22), who I believed a few years ago had a 3-month stint with Dundee is currently with Scottish side Bo´ness United FC.

http://www.bonessunited.co.uk/players/lucas_birstingl_12_13.html

This past summer he had a try out with Yeovil Town.

-------------------------------------------------------

Another Canadian keeper, Marcel De Bellis (21), is apparently with Serie C2 club (Italy) - A.C. Bellaria Igea Marina

http://www.bellariaigeamarinacalcio.it/?page_id=15

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/suche/detailsuchespieler/suche.html?searchId=272856

That is pretty out-of-the-blue if it's true.

He's still incredibly young at this point, although it seems like ages since he left TFCA. I know that Dichio used to rate him more than the rest of the coaching staff which is how he got hooked up with Colorado (Gary Smith was coaching at the time, and friends with Danny D).

Edit: now that I think of it, maybe the Sutherland trial is through Dichio as well?

That is pretty out-of-the-blue if it's true.

He's still incredibly young at this point, although it seems like ages since he left TFCA. I know that Dichio used to rate him more than the rest of the coaching staff which is how he got hooked up with Colorado (Gary Smith was coaching at the time, and friends with Danny D).

Edit: now that I think of it, maybe the Sutherland trial is through Dichio as well?

I really wish Morgan, Henry, Stinson, Tiebert, and any of the other kids did this during the off season.

If you are addin youth players to this list then he lad at Real Salt Lake should be included, no? I think his name is Haedan? He is on the u18 RSL team. I can't recall what province he's from....Alberta I think. He's definitely Canadian.

Robbie Tice has confirmed he has a team lined-up but isn't allowed to say what team it is yet. He's currently at home on winter break awaiting to join them. He had done a lot of trials last year. He was on the Canada futsal team.

If you are addin youth players to this list then he lad at Real Salt Lake should be included, no? I think his name is Haedan? He is on the u18 RSL team. I can't recall what province he's from....Alberta I think. He's definitely Canadian.

Haedan Turner. He's a '94 with Real Salt Lake Arizona but doesn't appear to get in much according to the USSDA stats board.

some guys that may be worth looking into (now and in the future)

Josip Kapusin

NK Karlovac 1919

Croatia 2

Nikola Kapusin

NK Karlovac 1919

Croatia 2

Stefano Bortolussi

AC Castellana

Italy 5

Michel Cruciani

Matera FC

Italy 5

Christopher Maidana

Club Atletico Huracan

Argentina 2

Marko Jankovic

FK Banat Zrenjanin

Serbia 2

Yashar Moazzez

Pasargad Tehran

Iran 3

Leonardo Di Lorenzo

C.D. Universidad de Concepción

Chile 1 (or 2?)

I'm going to need some confirmation of these guys...links would be appreciated. If anyone has time to look into a few please start at the bottom (i'll go from the top)

Robbie Tice has confirmed he has a team lined-up but isn't allowed to say what team it is yet. He's currently at home on winter break awaiting to join them. He had done a lot of trials last year. He was on the Canada futsal team.

Problem was when he was first posted on this board last year he wasn't listed on the USSDA roster....he is now.

http://academy.demosphere.com/teams/47158256/47187485-47158344/39310412.html

John Dollery is to join Ryman League premier division Lewes on a month's loan.

Dollery, who joined the professional staff in April, has found opportunities limited this season although he has been involved with the Canada under-21 team.

He will be available for Lewes's game at Concord Rangers tomorrow and for a total of seven fixtures between now and January 14.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/news/article/dollery-goes-on-loan-543609.aspx

@LordBob - who cares how much time he's getting. He's a Canadian in a foreign club. :) Apparently he had significant minutes last season. I don't know if this is his final year or not.

Oh, I don't care, and from Twitter he seems like a nice kid! I'm just mentioning it for the information of curious readers, not because it disqualifies him from the list.

Archived