Jonathan paases test,signs for Mallorca this WE.

john tv

Which opens doors including being able to play for Canada for the World cup.

Brazil here we come.

He was also offered to play for Celtic,but picked Spain.

Just noticed that there is a thread under jdg2 .

Funny never saw that,

As I said this opens some doors and it is possible for him to play for the good guys which would be great and alongside Julian.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not spoken to Jonathan for a long while.Bobby and I discussed these potentials although I brought it up and he seemed to agree.

I really want Jonathan to play for Canada,alongside Julian.

It will be magic and simply great for Canada.

I really believe so and hope so,this was brought up and was agreed that this was possible and even more so a very strong possibility.

This is something I always hoped for.

Maybe you can ask Bobby a question on my behalf?

Why did he cheat on a club that's invested in him for 12 years to go and play relegation football in Spain? That's no ambition whatsoever.

Mallorca are banned from Europe and every proper player they had last year is gone. The remaining bunch is rubbish.

Maybe you can ask Bobby a question on my behalf?

Why did he cheat on a club that's invested in him for 12 years to go and play relegation football in Spain? That's no ambition whatsoever.

Mallorca are banned from Europe and every proper player they had last year is gone. The remaining bunch is rubbish.

Good news for JDG2, cautious news for Canada fans.

Though I have a feeling JDG2 is finally starting to realize he is never gonna be in the Dutch plans. With Canada he will likely be given ever chance in the world to play alongside his brother in the starting XI

Yeah he may be in a relegation battle this year but it is a good move given all the injuries he has had. He also has the opportunity to showcase himself to bigger clubs in a way he was not able to in Holland. This is probably why he desired a move to either the Prem or La Liga. He could of signed with Hamburg (certainly would have gave him more of a chance at Champions League football) but the Bundesliga will not expose him to the clubs he wants attention from (Valencia, Man City, Chelsea, etc), although playing for Mallorca or Newcastle may! Even if he does not catch the eye of a big Spanish club, playing in La Liga will improve his game more than in Holland. The fact that Mallorca`s strong players have left only strengthens his chance to stand out!

I have not written him off for the Dutch team like some have, because all it takes is for him to have a good 2010-2011 season and a bigger La Liga club will swoop in for his signature. Then he will be in quite the position to warrent a look from the Ducth. I hope I am wrong though, obviously.

.Bobby and I discussed these potentials although I brought it up and he seemed to agree. I really want Jonathan to play for Canada,alongside Julian. It will be magic and simply great for Canada.

John if this really happens, every Voyageur will buy you a Heineken, and maybe I'll vote NDP ... ;-)

Jono is official with Mallorca:

http://www.rcdmallorca.es/Noticias/de-guzman-primer-refuerzo-para-la-temporada-201011-28433.aspx

The team some here are callingl rubbish shut out Feyenoord in Rotterdam on Sunday, Vitesse Arnhem today also in Holland, both teams way ahead of any Spanish side in pre-season preparation. They were fifth in La Liga last year, that would make them better than any team in Holland no question. Only real loss in players is Aduriz to Valencia, maybe their Mario Suarez. As they are showing, even with key players sold and the stress of the decision to leave them out of Europe (they went into receivership voluntarily, not as an obligation, so the case is quite different from that of Portsmouth, according to some analysts).

Still have keeper Aouate and striker Webo, but need to sign more, if the administrators let them.

I'm curious, which players have left Mallorca from last season?

I don't know Mallorca that well but I know that these guaranteed first XI players have left. These 4 were already responsible for 50% of Mallorca's goals. 3 midfielders and a striker. Maybe someone can add other players that have left to the list...

Aritz Aduriz (12 goals)

Borja Valero (5 goals)

Julio Alvarez (6 goals)

Mario Suarez (5 goals)

I've seen something else. The Dutch named a 18-man squad for their next friendly. Only the third string goalkeeper is from the team that was in South Africa. Jono is not on the team. So Jono is not even in the top 36 outfield players in the Netherlands.

Interesting find from transfermarket.com, apparently Jonathan is the most valuable player on mallorca. Valued at 6.5 million euro's. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/rcd-mallorca/startseite/verein_237.html

I figured that, I also assume he won't be by the end of the transfer window.

Some have said going to this team is bad because of how the team has been raped of their roster due to applying for administration, but I think it's the flip side they are still a La Liga squad and he is nearly guaranteed a spot in the Starting XI. Well, I guess it's only good if he ends up coming back to CMNT plans; as I really think he will never be in the Dutch plans, he may be able to land a cap or two, but him ever being a regular call-up is laughable. The Dutch are so deep in terms of homegrown dutch talent, a naturalized dutch player that isn't spectacular is not gonna crack there NT, unless they are a defender or goalie.

I've seen something else. The Dutch named a 18-man squad for their next friendly. Only the third string goalkeeper is from the team that was in South Africa. Jono is not on the team. So Jono is not even in the top 36 outfield players in the Netherlands.

That's a relief, but not a surprise really, he hasn't done anything lately to warrent a call up but that may change depending on his form this season.

I figured that, I also assume he won't be by the end of the transfer window.

Some have said going to this team is bad because of how the team has been raped of their roster due to applying for administration, but I think it's the flip side they are still a La Liga squad and he is nearly guaranteed a spot in the Starting XI. Well, I guess it's only good if he ends up coming back to CMNT plans; as I really think he will never be in the Dutch plans, he may be able to land a cap or two, but him ever being a regular call-up is laughable. The Dutch are so deep in terms of homegrown dutch talent, a naturalized dutch player that isn't spectacular is not gonna crack there NT, unless they are a defender or goalie.

Yep, I just hope one of those few caps doesn't tie him.

Yep, I just hope one of those few caps doesn't tie him.

Yes, those caps would tie him to the dutch, but he has to be able to see that besides a handful of games won't get to play much international football in his career if he ties himself to the dutch. With how he has developed since snubbing Canada and with a new chance to come back, he must be able to tell that Canada is really his only option for consistent NT play.

Make that Top 40, there were 23 players at the WC so that's 22 players (23 - 1) plus this 18 man roster = 40.

Yes, those caps would tie him to the dutch, but he has to be able to see that besides a handful of games won't get to play much international football in his career if he ties himself to the dutch. With how he has developed since snubbing Canada and with a new chance to come back, he must be able to tell that Canada is really his only option for consistent NT play.

Well, hopefully your right but I feel like he will make the mistake of tying himself if given the chance, just like Begovic did. Lets just hope he just doesn't get the call.

I've been peering through my fingers while reading this thread because I don't want to get my hopes up again. If Jono decided to come back I would be the sucker pumping my fist over my head while I watched his first game, even after what he's done. I feel however that it's unlikely he will come back, he may not be in Hollands immediate plans (i.e. next friendly) but there could have been a conversation between himself, his new club and the Dutch football association about not playing because of numerous reasons. I'm going to shut this idea out of mind until I actually see him step on the field at BMO hand in hand with his brother with the maple leaf over his heart.

Archived