The Official "Go Puerto Rico" thread...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand you're bitter, but I think the thread title is in poor taste.

I know there are others that will disagree. But I think as a developing soccer nation we should be hoping that TFC does well in the Champions league because that will benefit the country's professional soccer in the future.

I will support TFC because they are a Canadian team and if Canadian teams keep doing well in the CCL we might get a spot in the group stages automatically. I can’t hate TFC for winning the match I hate Montreal and I have no respect for that organization. Anyway I will pick TFC to take the Islanders 4-2 on aggregate

TFC will have difficulty with PRI.

I might actually buy the tickets to go to the home fixture when PRI comes to town. I've seen them twice this year on TV and I like what I've seen from them. Should be a good match.

i would expect all Impact and Vancouver fans to get on TFC's side, since last year TFC fans and Vancouver fans were encouraged to jump on the Montreal bandwagon because it was "good for Canadian soccer". ;)

p.s. champions league playin game is included in the TFC seasons tickets

Nope. This is a blight on this game that non soccer fans will point and laugh at in this country. It discredits the game, calls it into disrepute, and taints even some of the staunchest supporters of football in this country.

If I was the CSA I would pull the plug on the whole thing.

And this is not sour grapes on my part. 6-1 is an abomination of the highest order.

This has nothing to do with the National Team.

This is a conversation about club football in this country and the blight that was Montreal Impact tonight. The only thing disgraceful to Canadian Soccer in this thread and that happened tonight was that wretched "performance" by Montreal, and certain TFC Fanboys that cannot see that they won fcuk all and were gifted a trophy.

What is more rewarding? Wheeling a chick at the bar? or Wheeling a chick at the bar and bringing her home just to find she is a hooker and your friends paid her off!?

Get real.

quote:Originally posted by SteveBeau

I Agree....

So do I. This site is used to threads being hijacked by trolls, but this is an actual trolling thread.

Toronto won 3/4, Vancouver won 3/4, and Montreal went 0/4. Toronto and Vancouver both played well enough to deserve this trophy and the right to represent Canada. Montreal was consistently poor. I feel bad for both Vancouver and Montreal supporters - for very different reasons - but I don't see how TFC did anything wrong here to deserve such abuse. All they did was get motivated, take some risks with their formation, and play the best game that the club has ever played.

I am a TFC supporter, but I watched every Montreal game in the CCC and supported them throughout because they were Canada's team. They carried the banner for this country with our reputation and future CCC spot at risk. For the same reason, I was fully prepared (and expecting - I only gave TFC a 10% chance of pulling this off) to support the Whitecaps in the CCC. I don't care about PRI, and I like to see the Columbus Crew suffer at all times, but it is really about supporting Canadian soccer.

There is nothing wrong with the usual trash talk between supporters of the three Canadian clubs during the Voyageurs Cup. But once a champion has been crowned, that club is representing both Canada and the Voyageurs. Anyone who would seriously wish that PRI beats the V Cup champions should not be posting here.

quote:Originally posted by KAS

There is nothing wrong with the usual trash talk between supporters of the three Canadian clubs during the Voyageurs Cup. But once a champion has been crowned, that club is representing both Canada and the Voyageurs. Anyone who would seriously wish that PRI beats the V Cup champions should not be posting here.

Screw you. Who are you to tell me who I should or should not root for? This has nothing to d o with the national team. This is club soccer and if you don't like who people want to root for, well screw you. Communist.

I'm not mad at TFC for winning, although I think the Impact are a bunch of wankers and the CSA dropped the ball with the tie breakers. I feel bad for the whitecaps players who played their hearts out to get results only to be beaten by a team that laid down tonight. And while I can't blame any TFC fans for being happy with their victory, the ones gloating about it are all douchebags.

Who will I cheer for? I simply don't care.

quote:Originally posted by nazzer

I understand you're bitter, but I think the thread title is in poor taste.

I know there are others that will disagree. But I think as a developing soccer nation we should be hoping that TFC does well in the Champions league because that will benefit the country's professional soccer in the future.

Agreed.

TFC are representing Canada. I hope they go all the way.

<mod>

Careful. I'm in front of a computer all day today (thank Gawd) so lets all try not to go over the top too hard. Hopefully most of the heat will stay on the club sites and Big Soccer where it belongs.

Cheeta

</mod>

Like it or not KAS nailed it. The domestic portion of this club tourney is over. The Canadian representative to the CCL has to perform and perform well for all our sakes. If TFC could match Montreal's run of last year it would get massive coverage in Canada, and that's good for the game everywhere.

Will TFC give the CCL the same priority and effort as other MLS teams seem to? Especially if they look like they can make a play-off spot? I hope they can do better than that. Will they? I don't know.

Also, TFC has been drawn into a far, far more difficult route than Montreal was last year. If they can get past the group stage it would be a marvelous success. Hell, they may not get past PR. That's a 1st Division club with a few MLS scalps already.

Save the hate for the Impact management. Full marks to TFC for putting the boots to them. Last nights match may prove a sharp turning point for both clubs this year. One good and the other disaster.

Krammerhead, I don't know what kind of a day you're having but you need to relax there pal.

I agree completely with everyone's right to say what they want, but guess what Kramer, this is a Canadian support website. You want to trash talk TFC and be all pro-Puerto Rico go for it. Calling your fellow Voyaguers assholes because we all (majority) think that we should collectively get behind the Voyageurs Cup champions is fairly retarded.

You really just sound like a bitter little boy. I thought it took a man to support a team like Canada. Maybe you'd have more fun in life supporting a team like Man U??

On a side note, I'm not talking about guys who think TFC don't deserve it (didn't see the match but from what I'm reading they don't) or about Johnnyranger or Calgary Boomer who would rather see Puerto Rico win. I disagree like most people here, but hey, it's a free world.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

TFC will have difficulty with PRI.

I might actually buy the tickets to go to the home fixture when PRI comes to town. I've seen them twice this year on TV and I like what I've seen from them. Should be a good match.

If I'm not mistaken, I think this game is included in the STH package...

quote:Originally posted by earlimus

^^^^ Easy on the prejudism man. From my count there's five guys on here from BC who have written pro-TFC comments, hoping us the best of luck.

you're right sorry - I couldn't be bothered to cut & paste the names...

Archived