10:15 Wednesday News Conference

spiral

Congrats to Vancouver. Whatever my criticisms are about MLS if it can get two of the top USL teams to jump ship and pay $40 million to do so it is obviously the league with the brighter future. Hopefully Montreal will follow in the not to distant future.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by MTL_4_LIFE

so next 2 teams in 2012....

With whoever doesn't get picked for the other 2011 spot of the 3 remaining teams being in "excellent" position to get those two teams.

So probably St. Louis & Ottawa for 2012, unless Montreal can get back in the game.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

With whoever doesn't get picked for the other 2011 spot of the 3 remaining teams being in "excellent" position to get those two teams.

So probably St. Louis & Ottawa for 2012, unless Montreal can get back in the game.

GO MONTREAL GO

Wow....check out the uneducated comment by Joe Mabb on CBC's site:

quote:Who I really feel sorry for is all those future employees who will inevitably lose there jobs.

Soccer won't fly in Vancity, once the novelty wears off this team will sink faster than Oprah in quicksand.

I hope they just don't want government bailouts when they fail.

Sorry, but we all know it's true

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Wow....check out the uneducated comment by Joe Mabb on CBC's site:

I love the comments on CBC's site. Never balanced or middle of the road. Either this is the second coming of Manchester United or the Edmonton Aviators. No middle ground.

I doubt this guy has been around Vancouver long to post that, if he's been there at all. I also saw someone last week write that Vancouver should have gotten an MLB team if they wanted something "major league".

Funny stuff, but won't ruin my day.

quote:Originally posted by Allison A

Congratulations to all of you on it finally being made official. You are certainly a worthy city for the expansion and have great fans and I hope that we will be joining you very shortly.

Thanks Allison cant wait to bring back the Cascadia Cup Seattle, Vancouver and Portland ! I wish you and all the Timbers supporters all the best !

Sorry, no Cascadia Cup, so says Drew Carey:D

"That would be fantastic," he said (in reference to Vancouver and Portland in MLS). "We could have our own little triangle of death up there. I know somebody would come up with some three-team mini tournament and call it the something cup and I would be against that. There's enough of those dopey (things)."

quote:Originally posted by Footy

Thanks Allison cant wait to bring back the Cascadia Cup Seattle, Vancouver and Portland ! I wish you and all the Timbers supporters all the best !

quote:Originally posted by MM2

Sorry, no Cascadia Cup, so says Drew Carey:D

"That would be fantastic," he said (in reference to Vancouver and Portland in MLS). "We could have our own little triangle of death up there. I know somebody would come up with some three-team mini tournament and call it the something cup and I would be against that. There's enough of those dopey (things)."

Drew can get stuffed. Either he has no clue about the history of the Cascadia Cup or he is dopey to think the fans of the 3 clubs who put it together would care about his opinion on it.

Terrific news and congratulations to Whitecap fans. Good thing we have those time shift channels that the cable companies are now giving us. That way we could follow the news fro the local angle.

Unfortunately Rogers sports net pre-empted the Pratt and Taylor show midway through to show the World Baseball classic. Just as they were going to cover this story.

To all u Vancouver Whitecap fans out there. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

i knew ur bid was the strongest and i had the most confidence in ur bid the whole entire time.

if there was a city more deserved to receive a franchise of this magnitude, it was definitely your city. in good times and in bad, your support was always the most consistent of any canadian city, unlike some other city that paints a facade and whines. [}:)][:P]

WELCOME TO MLS and let the rivalries commence.

btw, evil bert, may be your downfall [B)] LOL!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VANCOUVER!!!!

Archived