10:15 Wednesday News Conference

spiral

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all indications point to Whitecaps fans headed down to Seattle to watch the game...

will also be celebrating a huge announcement to be made just before that game at Qwest Field...

I'm sworn to secrecy... but soccer fans in Vancouver and Portland will be cheering wildly on Thursday!

Drew Carey and Paul Allen will be there; they better get a long long table for both teams personnell.

Qwest Field has fantastic Media facilities; much better than a "Vancouver hotel".

The plan is to have the Whitecaps players flight from New York fly over Qwest Field at half time

quote:Originally posted by spiral

Drew Carey and Paul Allen will be there; they better get a long long table for both teams personnell.

Qwest Field has fantastic Media facilities; much better than a "Vancouver hotel".

The plan is to have the Whitecaps players flight from New York fly over Qwest Field at half time

Jumping to conclusions again? It's worked so well for you in the past.

quote:Originally posted by spiral

Actually, I heard when they fly over Qwest Field, the players were going to parachute out and land on Xbox Pitch at halftime!!

It will actually be a life-size replica of Shaq that flies over QWest. His teammate, Stevie Nash, will drop out his butt holding a blue flare in one hand, white flare in the other, and a green flare in his own butt, freefall several hundred metres, pop the chute and land right beside a bemused Garber, with a cheque in hand. The Whitecaps players, bussed in over the border, will be allowed to stand on the sidelines and observe.

Will Kuhns, MLS director of communications, said the league has indicated in the past it would like to have the new franchises named before the 2009 season begins.

"I think we're definitely nearing the final stages of our explorations and discussions," he said from New York.

Explorations and discussions normally means that they don't have an agreement. Only after an agreement they will do the legal.

If there is a press conference tomorrow, don't expect a formal announcement.

The Whitecaps have just released the announcement. I left out where, but it will filter out, as I am not sure what the plan is for fans as to whether they are allowed to be there.

Just released:

MAJOR SOCCER ANNOUNCEMENT

VANCOUVER, BC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC will be making a major announcement about the future of soccer in Vancouver and British Columbia.

What: Whitecaps announcement about the future of soccer in Vancouver and British Columbia.

When: Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Time: 10:15 a.m. announcement

Archived