Juan Pablo Ángel New York Red Bulls

David Beckham Los Angeles Galaxy

Cuauhtémoc Blanco Chicago Fire

Luciano Emilio D.C. United †

Marcelo Gallardo D.C. United

Freddie Ljungberg Seattle Sounders FC

Claudio López Kansas City Wizards

Denílson, FC Dallas, (2007)

Claudio Reyna, New York Red Bulls, (2007-2008)

† Not originally signed using the designated player slot.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

All this being said, I've just come across this.....substantial or not....

MOENCHENGLADBACH, Keen on Stalteri

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=29114

Well, he needed something to happen, and maybe this will pave the way for his move to BM. They probably wanted him on a free, without any kind of transfer fee, so hopefully for Stalteri this scenario plays out.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

"I'll definitely remain in Europe. That's without a question," he added.

Doesn't sound like he wants to play for TFC and given his previous comments about the turf there I'm sure he'll end up in Germany.

I was about to post what he said but weeks ago I was watching the 2000 Golden Cup final and then I realized how much his abilities have decreased. He doesn't have the speed and the agility he had years ago, so I think a move to TFC would be the best for him.

quote:Originally posted by villus

Pretty sure Spurs quit Diesel, but anyways how does this work, did he get bought out?

I guess Spurs probably came to the conclusion that any suitors weren't interested in paying a transfer fee nor paying the remainder of Stalteri's contract to the end of the year.

He seemed confident that Rednapp would have made him available to play if he was healthy but I am skeptical of that. I'm not that sold on the Spurs's new gaffer: he always strikes me as a bit of a con man. I think he looking to do some wheeling and dealing in January (depending on the resources he has available). Perhaps BM are willing to offer Stalteri a regular first team place?

quote:Originally posted by canucklefan

I was about to post what he said but weeks ago I was watching the 2000 Golden Cup final and then I realized how much his abilities have decreased. He doesn't have the speed and the agility he had years ago, so I think a move to TFC would be the best for him.

if a BL1 or even BL2 team will employ him, being put out to pasture at TFC is a few years off.

he played well for fulham last year...it would be great to see him at BM.

From Stalteri's website:

''Paul Stalteri has cancelled his contract at Tottenham by mutual consent. Paul made 56 appearances for Tottenham and scored three goals. Paul has signed for Borussia Mönchengladbach and will be playing alongside Canadian International Rob Friend. He will join the club on January 1st. ''

quote:Originally posted by Rujulus

FWIW, he's already on the squad list on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borussia_Mönchengladbach

#7 is not currently taken...

Wikipedia is the fattest thing on the web....when John Amaechi announced he was gay, the List of gay and black sportspeople was updated 2 min after the announcement...

Anyways, good luck to Paul with BM. Hope he can save them from relegation!

Archived