The travel thread

Daniel

How you are getting to games, share deals, etc. for WCQ

I'm travelling to Toronto on the 20th and am flying in with Porter (180$ all-in), arriving at 5:35, train the next day at 9:30am with VIA (62$).

MTL to Toronto and back for 120$ each way (and only taking up one vacation day). I've seen worse.

I'll only be going to the Montreal game, and for that I'll probably be taking the train on Friday afternoon from Ottawa and going back to Ottawa on Sunday afternoon. Two way trip only about 70$ all taxes in. Two hour ride, but I think we'll have some fun anyways!

Can't wait for it!

I'll be traveling to Montreal on the 5th of september in the evening and returning late sunday evening of the same weekend for the Sept 6th game againsy Honduras. I got one of those 19$ fare specials from last week that adds up to approx 194$ after all other Charges

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

I'll be traveling to Montreal on the 5th of september in the evening and returning late sunday evening of the same weekend for the Sept 6th game againsy Honduras. I got one of those 19$ fare specials from last week that adds up to approx 194$ after all other Charges

FK, are you on the WestJet flight that arrives in Toronto at 8:58 on Sept. 7th?

I got the West Jet Canada Day seat sale to Toronto and Montreal.

Toronto I'm in late Saturday night (Aug 16) and out Friday (Aug 22) morning.

Montreal I get in Thursday night (Sept 4) and leave Monday (Sept 8).

Not too sure where I'm staying, but I may be couch surfing.

Don't have a flight for Edmonton yet. I'm planning on flying in and flying out in one day, but we'll see.

cheers,

matthew

I scored the canada day seat sale on westjet for toronto and montreal. Sadly I'll be travelling alone, but I'm working on convincing my family in Toronto to come out to the game.

For Edmonton my minivan will be leading a convoy up highway 2 straight into Commonwealth!

edit: calgary and southern alberta v's all welcome to join!

I'm thinking about heading out to Montreal for the Honduras match. What do I need to know? I haven't paid a lot of attention to the codes and what not for the Toronto match, but when do the tickets go on sale for Montreal? Do I need a code? Where can I sit? Help! I think I'm freaking out a bit... [:o)]

oh, and it seems I missed out on a good Canada Day seat sale... anyone want to give me some advice on the whens and hows of buying a plane ticket from Edmonton to Montreal in September?

quote:Originally posted by CanadianSoccerFan

I may potentially drive from St. Catharines for the Honduras game in Montreal. Assuming my car hasn't died by then (touch wood) I'd be looking for interested carpoolers from the niagara region...

If you can get to Toronto we are looking into a bus from there.

Yeah that could be a plan Bill. I'm bad at planning too far in advance and have some folks to see, but should I drop you a note on facebook closer to when I get in? I should be able to find time.

Geoff> do you think you can get Als tix? I’d be up for a CFL game at Molson.

cheers,

matthew

It's been mentioned numerous times in other threads.

I work for Porter, would love to help you guys out, send me a personal e-mail through my profile. (its up to date)

Out of the office til thursday but can set it up upon my return.

Can definitely do better for your than $180.00 each way.

On a different note, I think that we should ALL rock our CANADA KITS while travelling. Shows the dedication that is growing amongst our travelling support.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

I'm thinking about heading out to Montreal for the Honduras match. What do I need to know? I haven't paid a lot of attention to the codes and what not for the Toronto match, but when do the tickets go on sale for Montreal? Do I need a code? Where can I sit? Help! I think I'm freaking out a bit... [:o)]

oh, and it seems I missed out on a good Canada Day seat sale... anyone want to give me some advice on the whens and hows of buying a plane ticket from Edmonton to Montreal in September?

Since you missed the Canada Day sale(s), you're probably best-off waiting until the first week of August...if you can handle the stress of waiting! Some suggestions:

1. Check out WestJet and AirCanada web sites on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday each week. One or the other announce limited-availability sales (which are sometimes matched by the other airline).

2. If you're considering flying Friday, think about using Red Arrow to go to Calgary, then flying from Calgary. There are more (WestJet) flights direct to Montreal, therefore sometimes better availability on the seat sales. Won't help you if you're trying to get there on Saturday. Red Arrow is around $60 each way, with a shuttle to/from the airport upon request (ask about it when you book).

3. If you find a good deal, let me know!

4. If you must buy today, and need to save $100, look at United and their current sales. Using Expedia.Com (not .Ca) should show you some interesting but cheap routings. I'm showing NYC routings particularly cheap at the moment. (It's cheaper to get off an Air Canada flight YEG-YYZ-LGA in Toronto, than it is to buy a ticket to Toronto.) Update: Try YEG-NYC for a great deal on an Air Canada flight through Montreal - $270 one/way. (Note - don't try NYC-YEG - if you don't board the plane in New York, you can't board the plane in Toronto/Montreal.)

Anything under $500 r/t inc. taxes would be fantastic. If you have your eye on a specific flight, let me know and I can check out low-fare availability to determine if there's any chance of a seat sale in the future.

Flying to Toronto game day, early, out of Calgary, on WestJet. Should be in the pub by 2:00 pm or so boys! Got return air fare for $560 all charges included.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

For those that are interested in pointy ball, the Argos play at Montreal on Sunday the 7th at 1:00PM. I think I'll be taking in that game as well, if there are others interested maybe we can get a block of tickets.

That's the reason I'm in Montreal in the first place! I'll be at the football game with the gf and her parents and I convinced them to come to the Honduras game with me the day before.

In regards to the Jamaica game: I had already resigned myself to watching it on TV, but if there's a cheap way to get into Toronto and only have to skip work on one of the Wednesday or Thursday I'm there! Any convoys driving west along the 401?

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

For those that are interested in pointy ball, the Argos play at Montreal on Sunday the 7th at 1:00PM. I think I'll be taking in that game as well, if there are others interested maybe we can get a block of tickets.

I'd be interested in that as my flight isn't until 9 pm

Archived