The travel thread

Daniel

BUMP

I'm still looking for a ride to Toronto on August 20th. I figure that I'll be able to leave Kingston early afternoon and drive to Toronto in time for the game, then drive back.

-if anyone is driving west on the 401 past Kingston and could pick me up, that would be great.

-failing that, if there are enough V's in the Kingston area we could rent a car and drive there and back. Total cost would be approx $90, that isn't a bad price if there's enough interest...

-FAILING THAT, I guess I'll be watching on TV. haha

quote:Originally posted by mulliganl

BUMP

I'm still looking for a ride to Toronto on August 20th. I figure that I'll be able to leave Kingston early afternoon and drive to Toronto in time for the game, then drive back.

-if anyone is driving west on the 401 past Kingston and could pick me up, that would be great.

-failing that, if there are enough V's in the Kingston area we could rent a car and drive there and back. Total cost would be approx $90, that isn't a bad price if there's enough interest...

-FAILING THAT, I guess I'll be watching on TV. haha

Does VIA Rail not work for you? As they say in their promos, it is the "civilized" way to travel.

quote:Originally posted by JamboAl

Does VIA Rail not work for you? As they say in their promos, it is the "civilized" way to travel.

I've looked into my other options, the best one (ie cheapest) is bussing in that afternoon and then taking the 12:30 night bus back after the game. It's not bad, but it would be nice to go a little cheaper than a $72 round trip bus ticket.

VIA would be nice, but I'd have to take more than just a half day off of work and stay overnight in Toronto because of the train schedule. It's also more expensive than the bus.

Archived