Pictures from the Game

pod818

First post!

Scoured the internet for some pictures from the game. Interesting Blue tone stripes. I like the long sleeve worn by JDG although it must be hot.

Canada's Julian De Guzman fights for the ball with St. Vincent's Kendal Velox during a World Cup 2010 qualifying soccer match in Kingstown, St. Vincent, Sunday, June 15, 2008.

(AP Photo/Glenford Presco

'>http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080616/capt.4317a7030e1c43b7b21fcd6088336658.st__vincent_canada_wcup_soccer_vct102.jpg

Canada's Adrian Serioux, left, fights for the ball with St. Vincent's Marlon James during a World Cup 2010 qualifying soccer match in Kingstown, St. Vincent, Sunday, June 15 2008.

(AP Photo/Glenford Prescott)

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080616/capt.f90a9e57b0a04df6a92cc086d6e2eac2.st__vincent_canada_wcup_soccer_vct101.jpg

Please add if you find any others..

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLUE? What the fork is that? It reminds me of when the crest had the word Canada in blue, or when "team Canada" as the hockey guys like to say, wore blue pants. Canada has no connection to the colour blue. Even before the present flag, our national colour was red.

Another thing I don't understand is why, if they had blue stripes today, the shirt I saw at The Bay (downtown Vancouver) was totally white. No colour whatsoever except for the crest. It looked like a t shirt.

A note for you TFC supporters, The Bay in downtown Vancouver has TFC shirts and hats.

quote:Originally posted by Danny Boy

Maybe it's my monitor but in the second picture the stripes kinda look black.

In other news....they are stripes.

wow they are black in the second one...

What the hell? Adidas or the CSA's fault? Or is this normal?

I think the important thing to note is... Mitchell looks to have prepared his team well for the sun and heat. A controlled pace, lots of water breaks and a white kit to help reflect the sun's rays. You have to acknowledge that he seems to be getting the details right.

Also, the Dutch are playing with powder blue socks... where's the outrage! I think the stripes are black anyway, but it would be a nice change for our second or third kit to have some colour other than red, white or black.

quote:Originally posted by Trident

Blue?

What is this based off, that lame Canada flag people use to pander to Quebec? The ones with the blue lines?

Cmon.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/photo?slug=9282f34600e549cd8501488a60cf6589.canada_panama_soccer_flad101&prov=AP

Definitely look black in the pictures from the Panama game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/photo?slug=a81a8970a43e4f0b8869f32a74a7f65f.canada_panama_soccer_flad106&prov=AP

But what's the big deal? Is black more acceptable than blue? I don't think the idea of a 3rd minor colour is a bad idea and blue would not be a problem for me. I just don't understand the need for inflammatory comments like the one from Trident. Will not do anyone any good.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I don't want a 'unique' jersey. I want a minimalist jersey. Give me the team colours and crest and that's all. I hate piping, stripes, weird things under the arms, etc.

Which is why the 2008 Nike jerseys are so cool.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

I don't want a 'unique' jersey. I want a minimalist jersey. Give me the team colours and crest and that's all. I hate piping, stripes, weird things under the arms, etc.

How can the Canada kit get anymore minimalist?

It's so basic as it is!

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

I like the everything about the new jersey except for those weird dots under the arms.

I usually try to avoid the fashion/modelling threads but for the record let say that I agree with VPjr here.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I usually try to avoid the fashion/modelling threads

same here but I also had to toss in my two cents, and at the risk of sounding flaming, I think collared jersey's look bomb. I wouldn't mind seeing a jersey that kinda looks like the collared england ones gascoigne used to wear but with our colours, I like the use of a duller white though over our super white and shiny jersey's, maybe a duller red to go along with it.

Archived