Pictures from the Game

pod818

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their biggest problem is that stupid CSA logo. It looks like a sixth grader drew it up in art class ... about twenty years ago.

For the cost of anywhere between a few hundred and a few thousand (I'm not talking a lot) I know for a fact they could have a marketing company burn that thing and come up with something that would actually inspire people.

quote:Originally posted by ag futbol

Their biggest problem is that stupid CSA logo. It looks like a sixth grader drew it up in art class ... about twenty years ago.

For the cost of anywhere between a few hundred and a few thousand (I'm not talking a lot) I know for a fact they could have a marketing company burn that thing and come up with something that would actually inspire people.

They could do like other countrys and add a coat of arms on the jersey.

australia_2006_soccer_jersey1.jpg

PolandHome.jpg

447px-Coat_of_arms_of_Canada.svg.png

Or, ****, even just use that crazy-looking crowned lion.

We sure have fierce unicorns in this country! :D I guess the Austalian is more authentic in that they have far more kangaroos and emus than we have lions and unicorns but our coat of arms sure looks a lot better than theirs. Would be a good addition to the kit. Like the others I hate the polka dots too. Ruins an otherwise good looking jersey.

quote:Originally posted by RamR

I just don't understand the need for inflammatory comments like the one from Trident. Will not do anyone any good.

That's hardly inflammatory.

And to that guy asking "who cares?"; apparently quite a few care.

I've always liked the idea of having our coat of arms on the shirt, or something similar...like normal countries do. (Don't get me wrong, I love my country, I just wish people would be more proud of it.)

Can anyone who is good with this sort of thing (computers) throw the coat of arms on a nice, plain shirt?

^We've been down this road a couple times before. People here came up with nice designs including coat of arms but it's just a big tease since it can never be taken to the next step. Like phone sex with a nun.

Wow, that was an interesting reaction.

I’m able to see the original files (there’s a third pic of Stalteri very similar to the DeGuzman one) and I don’t think there’s any doubt that the stripes and the dots are black.

The collars are black in every shot and the way the light is hitting the stripes they actually look kind of purple in two shots in places, but I’m confident they’re black. Everything is black in the Serioux shot.

Doesn’t anyone remember our the Canada Cup hockey team wearing blue pants? How Gretzky at the world juniors rocking a blue leaf on his jersey?

I wish the stripes were red, but I don’t understand why blue is bad and black is fine.

My favourite Canadian kit is the plain whites with red trim (Gold Cup 2000). Simple and classy. It’s funny to remember the talk from 1996 when everyone was bitching that our kits had too much going on with them and we needed a simple, classy design. Now they’re too bland?

cheers,

matthew

Hi everyone! Newbie here. I was browsing the forum as usual (trying to kill time at work) and couldn't help myself when someone mentioned the crest. So I fooled around w/ photoshop and came up with something for starters. Alas, I'm not computer savy enough and lack the knowledge to post the image here. Anyone care to show me the ropes? Btw, I have to agree, the current one does look like someone from grade school drew it...20 years ago.):D

I tried some Photoshop but just found that none of the designs say Canada as simply as the current logo. The country name, the leaf, the ball. That's all that needs to be said.

If only they hadn't gone with the polka dots...

20080531_Friend_Radzinskiww-1.jpg

20080531_Friend_Radzinskiww.jpg

The country is Canada. This is not a club team its our national team.. You cant arbitrarily pick colours.

There is red or white. No blue and no black. The hockey teams have black and it looks like crap compared to the white and red anyway. If you not going to play in the countries colours dont call the team Canada.

^While I prefer that Canada play in red and white, there is plenty of precedent for teams to play in colours different from those that are on their flag. Holland plays in orange, Italy plays in blue, Australia plays in yellow and green, and Japan plays in blue, as well. None of those countries' flags display those colours. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples, too.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

We sure have fierce unicorns in this country! :D I guess the Austalian is more authentic in that they have far more kangaroos and emus than we have lions and unicorns but our coat of arms sure looks a lot better than theirs. Would be a good addition to the kit. Like the others I hate the polka dots too. Ruins an otherwise good looking jersey.

But we have bigfoot!

I would say move the CSA logo to right side, add the lion or coat of arms (small one) to the left, where the current csa logo is. Remove the # on the front of the kit and add a maple leaf on 1 of the sleeves.

I might be wrong, but I think blue is also 1 of the national colours as well. red, white and blue, we just hardly use the blue, maybe because it would be too much like the US? No idea, but I'm, almost 100% positive that blue is a national colour.

The problem is, no-one amongst the joe average public identifies with the coat of arms.

Our symbol for all intents and purposes is the maple leaf, both at home and abroad...not some 1800's lion-unicorn agglomeration.

quote:Originally posted by Marc

The problem is, no-one amongst the joe average public identifies with the coat of arms.

Our symbol for all intents and purposes is the maple leaf, both at home and abroad...not some 1800's lion-unicorn agglomeration.

Agreed. An ideal logo for team gear should not look "too busy". This "1800's lion-unicorn agglomeration" looks like something that belongs on the wall of a Legislature or courthouse instead of on a soccer jersey.

A couple years back someone posted a link to, I believe, a British company that was selling copies of Canada's jersey from the 60's. I think the logo on that shirt was the best I have seen, just a simple maple leaf design.

The current logo looks like something left over from a worlds fair from ages past. To put it simply: It sucks. I also don't see why it needs to have a soccer ball...is it supposed to be informative?

IMHO I think that just a simple maple leaf, or even a crest sized version of our flag would be fine. Everything else just reeks of insecurity.

quote:Originally posted by SilverSamurai

I would say move the CSA logo to right side, add the lion or coat of arms (small one) to the left, where the current csa logo is. Remove the # on the front of the kit and add a maple leaf on 1 of the sleeves.

Numbers must be on the front of all international jerseys for official competitions.

Archived