Is the REVOLUTION ON? they call it CSF

Eric

At this point, all we are is a lobby group. However, rather than lobbying the CSA or the provincial organizations to change their ways (because that's not going to happen), we are lobbying the membership and providing them with a vision / goal to rally around. I am told that PJ understands that now.

I have always seen the CSF as a lobby group. Trying to supplant or displace the CSA is futile and I am sure the folks involved with the CSF understand that very well. Something must be done about soccer administration in Canada and I wish the CSF every success in their efforts.

quote:Originally posted by VPjr

The Supplement to the 1st CSF document is now available for your perusal.

http://www.bcsoccerweb.com/articles-february/csf-feb-25.htm

the CSF website will be updated by tomorrow (www.canadiansoccerfederation.ca)

the supplement starts on Page 5 (in red).

Would you mind please editing the link in your original post to point to the article at http://www.bcsoccerweb.com/articles-february/csf-feb-25.htm rather than directly to the pdf file. Thanks.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Ron Werda - I'm not sure exactly what he does, he is possibly just a fan. He might be involved with this website: http://www.canadiansoccer.org/home.htm

He was also involved in making fake TFC merchandise that was being sold on ebay as a group called "TFC Fandemonium", claiming to be the original TFC supporters group. One thing is certain, he is heavily involved in charity work involving soccer, which should be commended.

TFC_FANDOMONIUM_JERSEYS_Home__Priced.jpg

To call it "fake" TFC merchandise probably isn't quite fair as they don't use the TFC logo.

It could be considered misleading though.

I'd also question the spelling. It's a conjunction of Fan(atic) and Pandemonium isn't it? That being the case, shouldn't it be Fandemonium as opposed to Fandomonium?

This is not to denigrate any of Ron Werda's charity work mentioned above.

dbailey62, whatever you want to call it, it looks like a blatant cash grab on the TFC fans.

In the case of the U-Sector, RPB, North End Elite, etc, I can understand real supporters groups making merchandise for their members.

But the TFC Fandomonium thing rubs me the wrong way. It looks like a poor attempt to cash in on the TFC name. Calling yourselves the 'Original TFC Supporters' is laughable.

I'm sorry, but I don't want people doing shady stuff like this running soccer in this country.

At this point, all we are is a lobby group. However, rather than lobbying the CSA or the provincial organizations to change their ways (because that's not going to happen), we are lobbying the membership and providing them with a vision / goal to rally around. I am told that PJ understands that now.

Well if that is all you are & intend to remain then that is a different story. The impression I had got from the PDF document & Beharry's comments on the fan was quite different.

Ron Werda - I'm not sure exactly what he does, he is possibly just a fan. He might be involved with this website: http://www.canadiansoccer.org/home.htm

He was also involved in making fake TFC merchandise that was being sold on ebay as a group called "TFC Fandemonium", claiming to be the original TFC supporters group. One thing is certain, he is heavily involved in charity work involving soccer, which should be commended.

I see Ron Werda is listed as a Director for the Toronto Lady Lynx, as is Ian Morgan who is listed as a co-webmaster on this canadiansoccer.org web site (as well as the TFCfandomonium and Lady Lynx sites).

quote:Originally posted by Fort York Redcoat

Speaking strictly on that "supporters group" its just lame. Why would I want a fake jersey?

why dont you email Ron and ask him what his intentions were when he produced these fan club </u> shirts. He's a friendly guy. I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

Better yet, I invite those of you from the GTA who are most concerned about the motives / agenda of the CSF committee to come out to the meeting on Thursday night. Some of you seem to have a very low opinion of us (for whatever reasons) so here's your opportunity to get to know us. If you are still unconvinced after the meeting, so be it but I for one will give you credit for making the effort.

dbailey62, whatever you want to call it, it looks like a blatant cash grab on the TFC fans.

In the case of the U-Sector, RPB, North End Elite, etc, I can understand real supporters groups making merchandise for their members.

But the TFC Fandomonium thing rubs me the wrong way. It looks like a poor attempt to cash in on the TFC name. Calling yourselves the 'Original TFC Supporters' is laughable.

I'm sorry, but I don't want people doing shady stuff like this running soccer in this country.

I don't disagree. It's a horrible shirt, no doubt about it. I don't know when they started trying to sell it but I can't imagine too many people wanting to be seen in it. That said, I believe that in the beginning they really did see themselves as a legit TFC supporter's group and I think Ron still feels that way based on an e-mail exchange I had with several months ago.

I share your opinions on the TFC Fandomonium thing. I'm very uncomfortable with it and it'd be best if they just gave it up.

My initial point was that it is not a "counterfeit" shirt although I didn't say so as such. I should have. There is no copyright infringement so as such it isn't fake. What it is, for all intents and purposes, is an ugly shirt that really isn't much of anything.

I do not know what they could possibly have been thinking.

why dont you email Ron and ask him what his intentions were when he produced these fan club </u> shirts. He's a friendly guy. I'm sure he'll answer your questions.

Better yet, I invite those of you from the GTA who are most concerned about the motives / agenda of the CSF committee to come out to the meeting on Thursday night. Some of you seem to have a very low opinion of us (for whatever reasons) so here's your opportunity to get to know us. If you are still unconvinced after the meeting, so be it but I for one will give you credit for making the effort.

Steady, mate. Like I said, the shirt's lame.

I'm pro CSF but can't make the meeting. Good luck and I'll follow your progress.

The meeting went well. I would say just under 100 people came but I prefer to say it was "standing room only" because we set up only 80 chairs :)

Alot of ideas were exchanged. Some concerns were expressed regarding what our intentions are but once we had the chance to address those concerns, people appeared satisfied with what he told them. Overall people were very positive. Pretty much everyone who came out agreed with what we are proposing, in principle. The hard part is ahead of us now as we work to sort out and digest what people were telling us and how that influences our next step.

It was a positive first meeting. I look forward to doing more. The timeframe for that is going to have to be discussed shortly.

The best news is that we got at least 10 and maybe as many as 15 people agree to be join our committee to help move this to the next step. That was important in my opinion. We will now be able to start formulating a strategy for implementation/execution of our principles.

Last night biggest surprise for me was to find out that CSL clubs are not allowed to have youth development programs/teams.

Some CSL clubs merged with Youth clubs and get f*^ked from OSA/CSA so nicely that youth club pulled back in order not to be punished from OSA/CSA.

So this is the deal right now semi pro clubs can't have youth teams,youth clubs don't have first/senior team and we are stuck somewhere in between asking ourself why soccer in Canada is so F**KED UP.

After last night meeting I can tell you VPjr you guys are on the right track,don't give up.

SACK THE CSA!!!

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

Last night biggest surprise for me was to find out that CSL clubs are not allowed to have youth development programs/teams.

Some CSL clubs merged with Youth clubs and get f*^ked from OSA/CSA so nicely that youth club pulled back in order not to be punished from OSA/CSA.

So this is the deal right now semi pro clubs can't have youth teams,youth clubs don't have first/senior team and we are stuck somewhere in between asking ourself why soccer in Canada is so F**KED UP.

After last night meeting I can tell you VPjr you guys are on the right track,don't give up.

SACK THE CSA!!!

Obviously that is the way they've been preventing soccer from becoming fully professional in Canada .......... don't allow the youth clubs to have pro teams and don't allow the semi pro teams to have youth in their system. When I say they, I mean the CSA through the OSA in Ontario and using the other provincial associations around the country!!

I don't think it is unreasonable for professional clubs to be prevented from entering teams in local amateur youth leagues in competition with local community clubs - the CSL clubs are professional clubs are they not?

The Whitecaps run youth programs at all ages but they have never tried to compete in local leagues because they appreciate that they would have an unfair competitive advantage over the community clubs/teams. Anyway, I doubt the BCSA/CSA would permit them to either.

Would there be a problem with OSA/CSA if the CSL clubs wanted to enter teams in the Super Y-League or even to operate their own independent youth league with teams from other CSL clubs?

I think when considering this issue one needs to take a step back and keep a cool, rational head.

Richard you are making assumptions - the issue is not youth programs participating in local leagues, it is youth programs at all...

The OSA has not permitted any type of professional/private club to run any type of youth program, except for the USL teams that are allowed to field Super Y and Travel teams (after a lot of fighting).

Now of course, they will likely bend over backwards to accomodate TFC...

But the CSL teams that are privately run can only get senior club status (and private youth academies that want to run an alternative to the volunteer-based community system get no status at all)

quote:Originally posted by JB_Tito

SACK THE CSA!!!

What meeting were you at last night?! (Assuming you were at the meeting).

I stated quite clearly that there was no such rule! I gave the example of Glen Shields - a youth club - that was one of the founding members of the CPSL (now the CSL). You may also want to check the web site of London City and note that they run a youth programme. How about Toronto Supra? Oh ... they run a youth programme as well! Take a look at St. Catharines Club Roma. They operate teams in the Niagara Youth Soccer League and the South Region Soccer League.

Please take the time to be better informed and stop spreading misinformation around!

^ Fair enough. I would like to know what is behind the apparent animosity between the CSL and the OSA, especially if there is accommodation of Toronto FC although TFC youths will be part of their private academy just like the SAAC members. There must be some history there, especially if one considers the unwillingness even to acknowledge the CSL's version of an Open Canada Cup by almost everybody except the few teams that participate.