TFC - CHI May 12th @ BMO Field [R]

jpg75

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all the CSA/CONCACAF/FIFA hacks in town and possibly attending the match, I hope the fans find a way to protest the CSA's incompetence and demand reform and a coach through chants/signs. I know that the U-20 game is a slightly better opportunity for this, but there could be bigshots at either game and most TFC fans are also fans of the Canadian national teams, so I'm sure most of them would like to see improvements in the running of the CSA.

That wasn't a sent ff for Dichio. And how come the Chicago GK didn't received at least a yellow ont hat one, he's the one who initiated all of this after a good challenge (maybe there's was a foul, but nothing dirty) by Dichio???

Good game, good result, great crowd. Lombardo looked fantastic in 23 or so minutes. O'Brien definitely helped as well.

And I like the CBC announcer. It should be good to hear him doing U20 matches.

Jason

quote:Originally posted by loyola

They should, it seemed a bit dangerous to throw those on the field.

It wasn't. They were made out of foam.

I did say to Vancouver Fan as we walked into the stadium & they handed us these foam seat covers that these were an invitation to throw things on the field. I don't know what MLSE was thinking, but in the end no harm done & made for a great atmosphere.

Guest Jeffery S.

Big congratulations to TFC, great win. After reading the Fire board on Big Soccer this week you really wanted to kick their butts, so damn arrogant.

What a big turning point for the team, let's keep it up.

Would love some player evaluations, give it to us guys.

Well in terms of the 5 Canucks who played, top kudos go to Andrea Lombardo - to look that good as a sub in his first game was one thing, but to do it less than 20 hours after he played 90 against Argentina is nothing short of incredible. With the assist on Edu's goal he becomes our most productive player-per-minute. With Dichio getting a red-card & Eskandarian injured & Ibrahim not fit (and having watched the first half of the TFC reserve match that he played, that is definitely the case) he will probably get his first start on Wednesday.

Pozniak came on for his first team action & didn't look out of place at all, no doubt in my mind he can compete at this level. Brennan was composed at the back, though he did have a couple of giveaways early on, his long range distribution was brilliant at times. Sutton I thought was at fault for the goal, or partly at fault, for the way he didn't come out (unless he was fouled - I'll have to see the game). Otherwise he was solid. Braz only played a few minutes, though he did score a nice goal for the TFC reserves off a Canizalez-taken free kick.

Hell of a game. Lots of everything. Andrea Lombardo was

pretty impressive coming on as a sub for Buddle. He has more

energy and better on ball possession, plus an assist on the

Edu goal. Robinson played better as did O'Brien. Wynne was

surprising in his speed covering about 80 yards through the

Fire defence.

Don't know what the ref was thinking, not giving a yellow to

Pickens for the Dichio altercation.

TFC fans showed MLS why Toronto deserved a franchise.

Lombardo is very good at crossing the ball he is most effective when he is on the flankwith more space to run into.

his control of the ball has to improve for him to be a target man in the middle too many times the ball got away from him when he is marked tightly in the centre.

quote:Originally posted by sj

Lombardo is very good at crossing the ball he is most effective when he is on the flankwith more space to run into.

his control of the ball has to improve for him to be a target man in the middle too many times the ball got away from him when he is marked tightly in the centre.

Perhaps, but I thought he was more effective than Buddle.

He created several scoring chances as well.

And he is, what, 19 or 20? He can only get better ...

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

Well in terms of the 5 Canucks who played, top kudos go to Andrea Lombardo - to look that good as a sub in his first game was one thing, but to do it less than 20 hours after he played 90 against Argentina is nothing short of incredible. With the assist on Edu's goal he becomes our most productive player-per-minute. With Dichio getting a red-card & Eskandarian injured & Ibrahim not fit (and having watched the first half of the TFC reserve match that he played, that is definitely the case) he will probably get his first start on Wednesday.

Pozniak came on for his first team action & didn't look out of place at all, no doubt in my mind he can compete at this level. Brennan was composed at the back, though he did have a couple of giveaways early on, his long range distribution was brilliant at times. Sutton I thought was at fault for the goal, or partly at fault, for the way he didn't come out (unless he was fouled - I'll have to see the game). Otherwise he was solid. Braz only played a few minutes, though he did score a nice goal for the TFC reserves off a Canizalez-taken free kick.

On the Chicago goal, I think Sutton collided with a TFC player, still a some blame have to go to the keeper who tried to take a ball in a crowd of players.

Lombardo was excellent, I love this kid.

It was a very good game by TFC and it was nice to see 5 canadians on the field for the final whistle. Good stuff and kudos to the fans, you guys are amazing.

Now, let's hope for a nice result against Onstad and DeRosario Houston.

Saturday May 12, 2007 6:26pm start...Toronto FC vs Chicago Fire (Reserves Game)

Toronto FC starters...18 Sredjan Djekanovic

3 Adam Braz...28 Steve Lumley...4 Marco Reda...27 Gabe Gala

.........14 Joey Melo...13 Chris Pozniak...26 Cristian Nunez

.........25 Abbe Ibrahim...15 David Guzman...23 Miguel Canizalez

14 min...TFC Adam Braz GOAL...TFC player's freekick from 35 yards on the right finds Braz open and he blasts 20 yard shot from left into top right corner of net beyond goalie Jon Busch.

22 min...Fire Pascal Bedrossian GOAL...Bedrossian low 12 yard shot inside TFC box is into right side of net. Goalie Djekanovic was injured on the play and needed a trainer (ooh this is the only back up goalie that TFC have).

57 min...Fire Calen Carr GOAL...Fire Jordan Russolillo crosses from left has ball partially cleared but Carr turns as he's falling and boots 15 yarder low into center of net under goalie.

73 min...TFC Adam Braz or Chris Pozniak GOAL...TFC David Guzman cornerkick from right has ball knocked down and Braz or Pozniak boot in 6 yarder to left side of net past halftime sub goalie Nick Noble. (sorry sun in my eyes and noone to confirm with...I'll wait until the official report).

Final Score:....Toronto FC Reserves.......2.......Chicago Fire Reserves.......2.....

Attendance started at 300 but fizzled to about 100 as the weather grew colder.

I thought Adam Braz played great for someone who I've read was criticized by Mo Johnston as being unfit. He played the whole game.

Toronto FC brought in two players as subs who weren't on the MLS listed roster. One I believe was Frank Bruno who played for the CSL Italia Shooters last year from the small cheering section calling his name.

Hecklers were giving (Floyd) Franks stick for his name and play up the wing. They may wish they didn't have names on their jerseys. Some heckler shouted at Jon Busch if he wished he still was in Toronto (but he'd take an import roster spot) and he said "Not really".

Security enjoyed throwing their weight around clearing everyone out of the west grandstand directing them to the cruddy near end zone seats on the east side but were ignored as people took center line west side seats. The setting sun cost me seeing clear plays at the north goal.

The police left the sideline but there were enough security goons to continue to watch the crowd. One policeman was passing some of the seat cushions that fans had thrown onto the field after Toronto goals and the end of the main game that were piled in the moat below the front row of seats and the sideline back to people who asked for them. One father and teenage son had about 20 of them and the son said, "We're going to sell them on E-Bay!".

This had the atmosphere of a CSL game and attendance to match.

First game at BMO field refereed by a woman although I wasn't sure who she was yet knew both assistants.

Archived