TFC - CHI May 12th @ BMO Field [R]

jpg75

Hey I told you guys about Andrea,he is very very smart and it seems that even if the ball in the defense his constant running and positioning is driving his opponents nuts. He is dangerous with or without the bal. That goal he set up was agin so smart,like surgical stuff. Watch this kid.

The game well it seems that I am right in front of the who is who box. This time the whole Canadian Soccer brass was there and Linford seemed in deep thoughts,something is up.

Hey you guys you are getting better at that singing bit. I am sure that this effort may have something to do with that score.What I find so amazing is that it seems that the enthousiasm equals the stuff I have seen in Holland,just amazingly great. I was never a singing fan and always admired those that did or could.Another couple of games and watch North America. You don't have to go to Brittain to experience that amazing soccer thing, it is right here at home and getting better. While entering the gate there they were the ennemie, a whole bunch of guys from Chicago,something you will never see in the other sports.They were singing The Saints Marching in and 10mfeet down there were our guys and general Rudy getting our boys fired up. A song fest at the gates and as it turned out for our boys from Chicago,hell that is.Again I stood there and thought this is the first time I have seen this happening in Canada.

Those seats were a riot and somebody I guess some marketing guru at the BOM may have some explenations to make, or was this calculated. Whatever when i went to the washroom I was the only one with that seat in my hand!

This thing is going to be a gold mine for the MLSE guys and only the size of the stadium stops them from making another ton or 100 as income.As i said Andrea is my boy ,he is very good and very smart.Just watch his moves and anticipation next time.And that after all his running he did last night.Thanks Andrea!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Juby

Does anyone else find it a kinda funny that on the a day where TFC wins 3-1, the only Canadian to score a goal is Richard Hastings halfway across the world?

Ah, but Braz & Poz scored for the reserves today as well. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Fire fans are saying that Dichio tired to bite Pickens...?

He did. Didn't you see the second replay? Good eye by the ref. A deserved sending-off.

The biggest positive from the day: Edu's finish in the 75th minute. Composure and quality.

The biggest negative: The bloody seat cushions! You wouldn't see that in England.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

He did. Didn't you see the second replay? Good eye by the ref. A deserved sending-off.

The biggest positive from the day: Edu's finish in the 75th minute. Composure and quality.

The biggest negative: The bloody seat cushions! You wouldn't see that in England.

Seemed it was more Browns fingers he was trying to bite, but that is splitting hairs... and the ref probably had the best angle to see the chomp of anyone in the building.

Here is downloadable video of the attempted bite.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nzyyknzyui

I've tried to youtube (

) it, but the quality makes it too blurry to really tell.

Guest Jeffery S.

Seat cushions. Nothing at all odd about that in Spain. Only seat cushions are thrown on the field to protest something, not to celebrate.

I think the tradition comes from the bullfights, where after a bad "corrida" folks protest bull, torero or the promoter with cushions flying into the ring.

Just to say it is not so unusual and not anything to make a deal of. The only possible drawback is that it might break your team's momentum if you are on a roll and need to score another quick.

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Hey. If somebody shoves his hand in my mouth, I just might chomp down too!

It doesn't change the fact that the stupid keeper started the whole thing because there was some minor contact, he went down and then lashed out with his studs at Dichio. That was a red card offence and the officials totally screwed the pooch.

db

quote:Originally posted by Juby

Are there any other TFC clips around yet? I wanna catch up and stay up to date on it so at the end of the season I can make a killer comp.

Got a bunch of video as well as pictures. In fact it seems to be all about those cushions,it's a riot and very very funny. I will try to transfer.Tried to e-mqil and did not work,maybe the files are to big.

man the atmosphere is nuts at BMO...it seems like a non stop party the whole time...maybe this will finally give us a home field advantage during WCQ...instead of playing infront of 52000 empty seats in edmonton.

this is going to kill the argos and their dead atmoshere and bloated stadium.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

It was the Spanish youth team, and the "pecker" in question belonged to Jose Antonio Reyes.

Good memory, though I thought is was a Sevilla game.

In any case whatever the guy was doing it meant "qué cojones tienes", meaning "what balls you have", though folks took it in a different way.

I think if fans knew 10% of the joking that goes on in sport locker rooms they'd realize just how well (and out of character) athletes behave on the field.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by trueviking

man the atmosphere is nuts at BMO...it seems like a non stop party the whole time...maybe this will finally give us a home field advantage during WCQ...instead of playing infront of 52000 empty seats in edmonton.

I don't know about hockey or CFL or the Jays, but if you watch European basketball you see very similar atmospheres, with chanting, jeering, and very high pressure support from fans. Depends where you go, as in soccer, but there is no reason that you could not find a more lively atmosphere at Raptors games (which from what I saw this year in a few games on tv was pretty good in fact).

By the way, is there any canned atmosphere at BMO? I mean, how much PA system hype is there? Is there music, are there some silly fanfares when TFC scores? Are fans constantly being reminded of concessions and contests and promotions?

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I don't know about hockey or CFL or the Jays, but if you watch European basketball you see very similar atmospheres, with chanting, jeering, and very high pr

essure support from fans. Depends where you go, as in soccer, but there is no reason that you could not find a more lively atmosphere at Raptors games (which from what I saw this year in a few games on tv was pretty good in fact).

By the way, is there any canned atmosphere at BMO? I mean, how much PA system hype is there? Is there music, are there some silly fanfares when TFC scores? Are fans constantly being reminded of concessions and contests and promotions?

Nothing. There were some girls throwing stuffed animals into the crowd at one point but I didn't pay too much attention.

The atmosphere is 100% genuine.

db

Or if we are really lucky Canada will play in a swamp in near Winnipeg again, in front of 52000 frogs.

quote:Originally posted by nolando

mlsnet.com has a nice compilation of video highlights in case you missed the game or just want to see some parts of it again

Yeah it was too bad they had the Fox Sports Feed. Those commentators were brutal. Too bad they didn't have the CBC Feed with Nigel Reed & Forrest. They should teach they college yankees how to properly call a soccer match without the annoying, "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

I just got back from the 2 games and I concurr. 2 great games with lots of positive atmosphere. Nice to see the players go straight to the U-Sector and thank the boys. After all these years, it was nice to meet, Massive Attack, Rudi, Free Kick, Franky, Seas, Bailey, Jayway, Vancouver Fan & Sam, Jarrek, Mark, Glenn, Bhosan Boy, etc........Sorry I could not make the Wheat Shief after the Saturday match, my buddy had other plans.

I was shocked to see Mo play Lombardo, but he must have been as impressed by his Friday performance as I was. He left it all on the field for Friday's game. He is the complete package. Not only is he a great target man, but he has surprising speed. This kid is going places.

Sack Buddle, who has done little and makes premium cash, and start Canadian Lombardo. He showed that he can definetly play at this level, and there's no way he could have been 100% after Friday's match.

Great to see Braz and Poz finally hit the field.

Thanks again to all the boys at the Wheat Shief.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I think if fans knew 10% of the joking that goes on in sport locker rooms they'd realize just how well (and out of character) athletes behave on the field.

:D

Oh, yeah. Absolutely.

Say what you want about the "jock" class but in my experience homophobia has never been an issue.

Blitzing outside linebacker Cheeta smokes power running back behind line of scrimmage taking off said "power" running backs helmet and forcing stopage to allow for immediate burial of same. Totaly grogged Cheeta returns to defensive side of scrimmage pretending his brain isn't backwards in his helmet.

"What a pair! What a pair!" Exclaims free safety whilst enthusiasticly lifting Cheeta by his cup.

"Dale, don't touch my balls".

****. I wasn't that badly clobbered.

(I could go on, but we're short of moderators right now and that's the tamest tale I can write related to this subject).

The media for years have known the impact soccer can make. For years we were fed canned sports and for years we were kept away what is so magnificent. I guess that maybe some of these major sports had to much influence and the writers as do lobyist followed the foodsteps. This is now all gone and now about that silence at an Argo or even Leaf game never mind baseball or basketball.It is going to be a problem for these foreign becoming sports. As i said so many times our lives are all about our children and hey these guys are talking. These children also become from affluent parents and remembering the old coaching days these kids drive some nasty cars.

I wonder if a Argo or Blue Jay saeson ticket holder were to go to a Toronto FC game. I would love to observe his reaction as well as his actions during a game of their initial choice. Anyway i have accomplihshed what I set out to do and I feel very good about what we are giving our young guys it is so amazing and so beautifull and just about the most exciting thing outside of sex.

Now how are we going to great Dwayne this wednesday. I whish I could meet him and find out what he really wants and expects. He is a real To/Scarb. boy and being in our stadium,would he whish to play here and would he persue this.Pat Onstad the same,what we have here is what they dream about as well I am sure. Anyway I guess money talks and I don't think that Toronto FC have the bucks.lol

Toronto 2-Dwayne 1. Sorry Pat.

Archived