TFC - CHI May 12th @ BMO Field [R]

jpg75

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

Or if we are really lucky Canada will play in a swamp in near Winnipeg again, in front of 52000 frogs.

wasnt a shot against edmonton...just the facts...canada has always played their home qualifier games in makeshift stadiums, or huge empty stadiums with no atmosphere...maybe now we will have a field that actually provides some kind of home turf advantage.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by loyola

We'll have a first preview with Costa Rica in september.

That will be a real challenge. From what I have seen on two soccer trips to the US, is that they come out in very large numbers to support their side. They will travel regardless of the distance are committed to the ticos. Quite large populations in the North East of the US. Having MLSEL around to facilitate and promote ticket sales to TFC ticket holders will help a great deal to stem the tico tide and ensure that the home side fans are significant. But there is one inescapable fact, if someone is desparate enough to get their hands on tix to see the ticos, they'll find a way.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

We'll have a first preview with Costa Rica in september.

That will be a real challenge. From what I have seen on two soccer trips to the US, is that they come out in very large numbers to support their side. They will travel regardless of the distance are committed to the ticos. Quite large populations in the North East of the US. Having MLSEL around to facilitate and promote ticket sales to TFC ticket holders will help a great deal to stem the tico tide and ensure that the home side fans are significant. But there is one inescapable fact, if someone is desparate enough to get their hands on tix to see the ticos, they'll find a way.

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

I just got back from the 2 games and I concurr. 2 great games with lots of positive atmosphere. Nice to see the players go straight to the U-Sector and thank the boys. After all these years, it was nice to meet, Massive Attack, Rudi, Free Kick, Franky, Seas, Bailey, Jayway, Vancouver Fan & Sam, Jarrek, Mark, Glenn, Bhosan Boy, etc........Sorry I could not make the Wheat Shief after the Saturday match, my buddy had other plans.

It was nice to have met you as well....sorry it was so brief on the Friday night at the game.

quote:Originally posted by trueviking

wasnt a shot against edmonton...just the facts...canada has always played their home qualifier games in makeshift stadiums, or huge empty stadiums with no atmosphere...maybe now we will have a field that actually provides some kind of home turf advantage.

I have to come to Edmonton's defence here. Edmonton has always provided a strong home field advantage for Canada, and that's not based on 1 or 2 games, but dozens at all the different levels.

Having watched many games at Commonwealth and just returned from TO where I attended the last 2 matches (TFC & U-20) at BMO Field, I think these two fields compliment one another very nicely.

As for Winnipeg, although it was a make-shift stadium, Canada certainly enjoyed a strong homefield advantage through all it's matches (WCQ & Pan-AM Games). Very similar to Kingston.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

It was nice to have met you as well....sorry it was so brief on the Friday night at the game.

I had a great time and will definetly be back. I suspect there will be double-headers every year, and that's when I will generally try to head down.

Can't wait for Vancouver and Montreal to enter the league. Now all we need are some teams on the Prairies.

I had a great time and will definetly be back. I suspect there will be double-headers every year, and that's when I will generally try to head down.

Can't wait for Vancouver and Montreal to enter the league. Now all we need are some teams on the Prairies.

Look forward to having you come back. It was great to meet you and I hope that we get to see a lot of other Voyageurs for future Canada/Toronto FC matches.

Good to hear. Let us know when you will be back. I didn't make it to the pub either after the game.

Archived