Mother Of All Canadians Abroad - December 2007

quote:Originally posted by BigBird

I noticed in another post in this forum today oh boy! I’m not sure that’s what was best for him I'm very disappointed with the outcome and sure had hope that he would have remained in Italy under the umbrella of Atalanta or Perugia. I really cannot believe he left so soon. I think he just simply did not get his chance to show what he could have done there, Oh well, I sure wish him well and hope that what ever his choices now, he makes a the right one and gets to show what he can do for a team out there.

I think this may turn out to be better for Andrea in the long run, if he can get actual playing time. He's still very young, I don't see why he couldn't try to get back into Italy in a few years.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Canizalez is on trial with Toronto FC.

Good, i hope he sticks...that guy had loads of potential with the U20's and then toiled in the reserves in Germany for the last 4+ years. He just turned 24 in December if i'm not mistaken..

youllneverwalkalone as indicated I was to get back to you to update the Italy list and I have check and comfirmed thru certain venues that these players below are not in Italy or registered to any clubs, unless names are incorrect or clubs,

these are the players are not on with any clubs in Italy

Carlo Seminara - Salernitana (Serie C1 Girone B) (3) Berretti

Tony Dall'Antonia - Montebelluna (Serie D Girone C) (5)

Antonio Rago - AS Deruta (Italian Eccellenza Umbra) (6) U17

and please note as well

Gianluca Zavarise - AC Belluno 1905 (Serie D Girone C) (5) Berretti is not with this team

he is with Montebelluno calcio in Serie D Girone C on the first team not on the Berretti

However It still appears to show Lombardo to be not released yet by the clubs invovled, that is a sign of something not sure. I will see if there is any more info, I keep you informed

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

Greek papers reporting that AEK Athens is interested in obtaining Nsaliwa from Panionios. That being said... it's the Greek media, so God knows how credible the report actually is. But that would be a big step up for him, going to a potential CL squad.

Even if it is an unfounded rumour he must be impressing people with his play to be the object of transfer speculation to a big club.

California native and quasi Canadian Jack Stewart somehow knows a bit of French. Wonder if one of his parents has ties to Quebec?

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_5364854

The only trouble has been a language barrier.

Kipre speaks French, and the only native French speaker on RSL's roster is midfielder Mehdi Ballouchy, who stayed home in the United States because he's not allowed to leave the country at his current stage of applying for American citizenship.

That has left Stewart and midfielder Carey Talley to do their best to communicate with Kipre in their fractured French, Ellinger said.

quote:Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

There might be some truth to the interest from AEK Athens towards obtaining Nsaliwa... it's on the front cover of 3 separate sports papers today.

How long is Nsaliwa's suspension? He has missed 3 games so far.

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

California native and quasi Canadian Jack Stewart somehow knows a bit of French. Wonder if one of his parents has ties to Quebec?

That has left Stewart and midfielder Carey Talley to do their best to communicate with Kipre in their fractured French, Ellinger said.

His mother is from Montreal, or something like that...

quote:Originally posted by jpg75

His mother is from Montreal, or something like that...

Archived