Which Canadians Likely to Move During the Window?

Ian Kennett

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

Will DeRoasrio make it in Europe? He's spent the last 6 Years trying. He deserves a chance, I still think he's Canada's best player.

I think it is pretty hard to justify calling DeRo Canada's best player when he has never played professionally in a top league and has also never been that impressive in his national team performances. I might agree with most talented/exciting player but he has to start using that talent more effectively at a higher level than MLS if he is to be considered one of our top players.

Stalteri could also be a transfer candidate during the break and Bernier will probably sign somewhere soon.

The Guz I'm going to guess is almost certain.

Diesel? Doubt it. Injuried, injuried and injuried again. Who's going to pick that up? And what for?

Peters might be worth loaning out. Still a bit early in the day career wise to worry about lack of playing time, but sometimes the lads get anxious. Just the way it is.

Hutch and DDR are interesting. Atiba's made some pretty good moves so far. Leaving the bigger leagues untill next fall might not be a bad one either. Dwayne I don't know. Not sure if he's got it in him to go to Europe and really have a go of it.

Guest Can. in UK
quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Can I use this thread to start wild rumours?

Skysports has released the Wigan have made a near-club record bid for someone, but they aren't revealing who. Could they finally be going after Atiba? They were interested in him last November. That would be nifty.

There's no way Atiba is worth 5-6 million.

I would bet on Peter Crouch or David Nugent (although whether they are worth 5-6 million is debatable too!)

quote:Originally posted by Jamit

I think that Atiba Hutchinson's name has also been thrown around.

I dont think you should expect Atiba Hutchinson to get sold in this transfer window. The FCK director has told the newspapers that non of their regular starters are for sale unless they get an offer that simply is too good to refuse, but since FCK expect to make a huge profit this season, they are not likely to sell Atiba for a few € million.

According to the latest figures published, FCK have done much better financially in the 1st quarter of 2006/07 in compare with last season. The FCK turnover has reached €35.5 million in compare with €17.5 million in the 1st quarter of last season, and the net profit has increased from just around €2 million in the 1st quarter of last season to a €6.2 million net profit in the first quarter of the 2006/07 season. FCK expect to make a total profit of around €26 million (not including transfer fees) this season, or just around €19 million (including expected transfers).

In this transfer window FCK have so far signed the 21-yo Brazilian forward Ailton Almeida for €3 million, and the Danish International (54 caps) Left back, Niclas Jensen on a free transfer from Fulham.

They have also let a few of the bench sitters go. The 23-yo left winger Martin Bergvold has been sold to the Italian Serie A side Livorno, while the young Danish/American right back, Jamil Fearrington has been handed a free transfer.

It's also a fact that the 27-yo Danish international (8 caps) Lars Jacobsen is leaving FCK to join FC Nürnberg in the summer when his contract with FCK expire, but they did not want to let him go before they got his replacement in place, so they did not let him go in this transfer window, despite getting a fairly good offer by Nürnberg. So as written, they are not likely to let a regular starter like Atiba Hutchinson go unless they get a very big offer and also seem to have his replacement in place.

quote:Originally posted by Sigma

Sunday Mirror ;)

Tottenham might offer Stalteri to West Ham as part of a 7 million pound deal for Anton Ferdinand.

Link

Davenport was supposed to be part of that original package with Salteri for Anton Ferdinand, but on Thursday he was slated to go to the Hammers in a transfer. No mention of the Stalteri in the deal.

I honestly don't think the Jol will move Stalteri...he is better than either of the left back's Tottenham currently have and aside from a couple of howlers that cost Tottenham played pretty well last year. Now if they pick up Heinze from Man United, then maybe for reasons of the wage bill, but Jol is smater than the Tottenham fan base so I expect to see Stalteri starting on the left side once he is recovered.

Thigh Injury it is reported. The player you mention Benoit Assou-Ekotto has been a disater at left back, been replaced by Lee. Unless you mena Pascal Chimbonda, who is actually French. Chimbonda is a very good right back and better than Stalteri in IMO, but Stalteri is a better fullback than either Lee or Assou-Ekotto.

• 2 weeks later...
quote:Originally posted by Gordon

I honestly don't think the Jol will move Stalteri...he is better than either of the left back's Tottenham currently have and aside from a couple of howlers that cost Tottenham played pretty well last year. Now if they pick up Heinze from Man United, then maybe for reasons of the wage bill, but Jol is smater than the Tottenham fan base so I expect to see Stalteri starting on the left side once he is recovered.

Well, he played the whole match at right back against Southend, and then didn't make the bench for the Gunners game. Rocha, who is listed as a right back as well as his primary position of central defence, was on the bench along with Lee, while Assou-Ekotto started at left back. So I guess we'll see how it plays out for him with Spurs for the rest of the year.

Archived