• 12 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 1.3k views
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• Still a little confused about the narrative that MLS is going to be getting kickbacks on this deal. In what way would that even manifest? The Footy Prime guys are suggesting it, people on this forum have suggested it, but what does that even mean in real terms? The only thing I could possibly imagine is that the manager picks an MLS-heavy squad, but if that is at the expense of picking the best possible squad, how would it benefit MLS to pick a weaker team and get poor results? There's not a single scenario where anyone in the Canada Soccer/MLS picture benefits from not selecting the best possible team to get the best possible results. So I just really don't understand what people are referring to when they suggest that MLS will be getting some sort of kickbacks through this philanthropic arrangement. I'd be open to hearing what I'm possibly missing on this though.
    • It seems strange given how many starts and overall minutes he was getting last season and contributing with goals and assists as well. He then seemed to be starting most preseason games and lighting it up.  Then as soon as the season started, it went immediately to limited bench minutes.  I don think he’s been consistently good enough in his career to suggest he’s being punished.  But it does seem like it’s a possibility.  Then again, I haven’t seen any games this year and maybe others are just more deserving. 
    • Optics (TO MY MIND) aside, I'm struggling to find a MNT manager who's resume reads better. Just going to write out loud what we all know, it isn't just the hire it's the supporting budget.   Fair enough, Blue & Co. were/are sly in making this hire happen (FOR WHATEVER NEFARIOUS REASONS) with the financial support of the MLS franchises and our Mr Young but that really is the easy part of it all isn't it? The away friendlies against Holland & France suggests bigger picture improvements, we're going to come out of those fixtures with money in the bank, but what's next? Returning to the MLS owners with some tax scheme to finance the MNT in the future seems a fools errand.  Regardless of their "common"  interests.  But unless their are other programs in the works we are going to have to make due with our current dire situation.  Disclaimer;  To be clear, the nuts and bolts of why certain parties bankrolled this hire and the circumstances around it in no way diminishess their very real contribution to the betterment of the NT programs in this country, as they've seen fit.  Bravo.  My grievences with this scheme may, or may not, lay elsewhere (looking at you CSA).
    • It's common for League1 sides to have matches back-to-back, often women's and men's matches. It's also common for larger League1 matches to move to CPL stadiums prior to a CPL match, providing a doubleheader for L1 exposure. If P8 is going to work with CPL I imagine we'll see a few doubleheaders. If P8 is determined on their own venues and own thing, or if CPL has no interest in accommodating them, then we won't see anything like this. I have a feeling it will be the latter but i'm open to being surprised.