• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• I'm guessing he's just going to be waiting around for the summer transfer window to open for most of Europe. I don't think any CPL team could afford the salary he's going to want and he literally could not go anywhere else (until the summer).
    • For me it is all about whether or not he accepts that he is not the same player he was during his brief explosion of goal production, and that he needs to reset his work ethic if he doesn't want to derail his playing career.  Knee injury or not, there is no excuse for being slow and low-effort as a professional soccer player - especially in an attacking position.  Over the years I have probably told my youth teams that "soccer is a running man's game" about 100 times, and that most definitely doesn't ease up as you move into the elite levels.  Nothing I have seen from him in the last year or two suggests that simply dropping down a level will help him get back on track.  There is a more fundamental issue here IMO.  Ayo needs to figure out whether or not he wants to put in the work required to have a sustained career as a pro player.    
    • Same thing crossed my mind: Maybe not this cycle but why not in the future? Maybe he goes to France (for example) and has some success, then eventually comes back "home" to coach Canada.... Begs the question though....if he's not leaving the Crew for Canada, he's probably not leaving a Ligue 1 club for Canada....unless he flames out.....in which case maybe we aren't even talking about him in these glowing terms. 
    • The good thing is that a lof of these youth clubs do have senior sides. I don't know the Edmonton landscape, but when it comes to Calgary you see these youth clubs now with senior teams trying to climb up the CUSA ladder. That's not new, but I think that trend will (and probably should) continue. I don't know what the official process of getting into League 1 Alberta is, but I imagine being in the Alberta Major Soccer League helps. And to get there I am pretty sure you need to promote out of CUSA Premier and then challenge/apply to take the step up. And to get to CUSA Premier you must promote from CUSA div 1. ....and to get there you must promote from CUSA div 2, and so on.... I was looking at the alignment this morning and saw that Calgary West Soccer club are now in Div 1. Other youth clubs with senior team entries are at various levels in the pyramid. All of which are working to at least get to Premier, then maybe onto AMSL and beyond.  And before I digress (sorry for making this an Alberta soccer discussion), one last point: I am sure exceptions can and would be made for any club demonstrating they can handle League 1 Alberta from an infrastructure standpoint. Calgary Rangers for example now have a team in CUSA Premier (their top side was in Div 2 when I played CUSA open). They have a very large presence in the West part of the city. They have big plans to build a joint indoor-outdoor facility in partnership with Weber academy, in Springbank, the likes of which sounds like it will rival the Foothills Macron Performance Centre on the other side of the city. They strike me as exactly the type of club that may bypass AMSL on their way to League 1 Alberta, as they'll have the facilities and the youth team foundation to make a strong application.
    • I don't agree at all eve, hough it's a consideration. If you're from Winnipeg and you can live in Victoria for 8 months get professional training, get paid 50k you'd be nuts not to do it. At the age of 21?. I get the money isn't making anyone rich but it must be an amazingly fun lifestyle for a kid who alternatively would be doing not a whole heck of a lot