Canadians in Action in Germany (Sept. 13-14)

Canuck Oranje

Werder Bremen lose 2-1 to Dortmund. Stalteri plays 90 min at Right Back.

Hannover 96 storms back to beat Hertha Berlin 3-2 in Berlin. The winning goal is scored by de Guzman. From what I can tell, de Guzman had an excellent game playing on the left side in front of Hannover's new Brazilian Left Back, Kleber. It should be interesting to see if this partnership on the left side continues to develop. It appears to have been a Hannover strong point in this game.

I do not think so Bettermirror, not with the style Bremen play. They are an attacking team. Stalteri (the two games I have watched this season) plays, technically, left back in what appears to be a 4 - 4-2. However, he has plenty of freedom to attack, takes the majority of throws on the left side, and is often in the attacking third of the field with a few cracks at goal. His shot off the post against Shalke comes to mind.

I would hardly call Stalteri's 90 minutes a game in the German Bundesliga "wasted".

quote:Originally posted by Ivan

I do not think so Bettermirror, not with the style Bremen play. They are an attacking team. Stalteri (the two games I have watched this season) plays, technically, left back in what appears to be a 4 - 4-2. However, he has plenty of freedom to attack, takes the majority of throws on the left side, and is often in the attacking third of the field with a few cracks at goal. His shot off the post against Shalke comes to mind.

I would hardly call Stalteri's 90 minutes a game in the German Bundesliga "wasted".

I agree. He is going forward a lot, more than his collegue on the right in the last game by a long ways. I was thinking, as I watched the game, that I hope Attiba Hutchinson develops enough that we can use Stalteri back there, because I though the looked pretty good, back there.

You guys will not believe how happy these posts are making me.

If Diesel's playing at back and has the freedom of the field, wonderful. Would still rather him in the middle of the park, but playing at the back under these conditions are realy going to train the eye for the attack and that's exactly what we need in every one of our national team players.

DeGuzman scores! Outstanding. Someone tell me after the Wolfsburg friendly that DeGuzman isn't going to develop into a linchpin for Canada. Screw the RSPs. I'll retire when I'm dead. Cheeta wants to go to Germany!

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

DeGuzman scores! Outstanding. Someone tell me after the Wolfsburg friendly that DeGuzman isn't going to develop into a linchpin for Canada. Screw the RSPs. I'll retire when I'm dead. Cheeta wants to go to Germany!

Hear hear Cheeta. DeGu is definitely the future for us--and I'm willing to be wrong about Hume being our next young saviour, here. I wish they showed more Hannover games because DeGuzman is a joy to watch on the ball, a wonderfully smooth player. No flash, all style.

So, like, where we meeting up for a stein or two in Germany? :)

Allez les Rouges,

M@

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Screw the RSPs. I'll retire when I'm dead. Cheeta wants to go to Germany!

*lol* In case you weren't aware, Germany is really cheap! I brought 200 Euros with me to Bavaria last spring and it took me a week to go through that money (despite doing EVERYTHING)!! Ten euros for a Bayern/Werder game in Munchen! Six euros for a liter of WeissBier at the game! Need I say more??

In case you find it to arduous to navigate through a German soccer website, here are the individual player ratings of the matches involving our German contingent this weekend.

Haching - Regensburg 2:2

SpVgg Unterhaching: Heerwagen (3) - R. Bucher (4), Loose (3,5), Seifert (3), Liebers (3,5) - M. Zimmermann (3,5), Omodiagbe (4), Sukalo (4), Costa (3) - Römer (4), Copado (2,5) - Trainer: Frank

Jahn Regensburg: Martin (2) - Zellner (4,5), Nsaliwa (3,5), Dione (2,5), Keuler (3) - Knackmuß (3,5), Kritzer (4), Devoli (3,5) - Hutwelker (2,5), Willmann (3,5), Tölcseres (3) - Trainer: Peter

Hertha BSC - Hannover 2:3

Hertha BSC: Kiraly (3) - Rehmer (4,5), Simunic (3) - A. Friedrich (4,5), N. Kovac (5), Hartmann (5) - Madlung (4) - T. Marx - Wichniarek (4,5), Mladenov (3,5), Bobic (2) - Trainer: Stevens

Hannover 96: Marc Ziegler (3) - Cherundolo (3), Konstantinidis (3), Vinicius (3), Kleber (2,5) - Dabrowski (3,5) - [bold]de Guzman (2)[/bold], Krupnikovic (3), Schuler (4,5) - Simak (2) - T. Christiansen (3) - Trainer: Rangnick

Dortmund - Bremen 2:1

Borussia Dortmund: Weidenfeller (4) - Wörns (2), S. Reuter (4), Bergdölmo (2,5) - Fernandez (3,5), O. Addo (3,5), Kehl (3), Dede (3,5) - Rosicky (4) - Koller (4,5), Ewerthon (3) - Trainer: Sammer

Werder Bremen: Reinke (3) - Ümit Davala (3,5), Ismaël (4), Krstajic (4), [bold]Stalteri (4,5)[/bold] - Baumann (4) - F. Ernst (2) - Lisztes (2,5), Borowski (4) - Charisteas (3,5), Ailton (4) - Trainer: Schaaf

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) this scale goes from 1 to 6, with one being the best. If that's the case, de Guzman had an outstanding game (obviously he did), Nsaliwa was decent, while Stalteri was one of the worst players on the pitch in his match.

Archived