• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
  • Qatar Tifo Fund Raiser

Please help out! 

Check it out here. 

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/product/73-qatar-2022-tifo-fund-raiser/

• FIFA World Cup 2022 - Qatar

• NGL all the talk about the CSB being cut-off seem rather silly to me... Does anybody really think that the CSA didn't at least made a serious attempt to go ''Hey guys, we could definitely use more money for some of the options for coach! Do you think you could return a chunk of money from the CSB deal? After all, if the CMNT does well it will probably benefit you as well... No? Ok, we understand'' before getting too far into the philanthropic options? Dunno, that seem extremely unlikely to me. After all, you are better off only taping your donors when you have absolutely no other options. If the CSB wanted the credit to finance the new coach all they had to do was say the word but they didn't. Honestly, the sense I get is that (and I am not saying its conscious) is that the real reasons some people react so viscerally here is that they do not like being reminded about how how the CPL is propped up by national teams money and/or they'd rather the MLS clubs did not exist as such, or at least they are frustrated at how much more media and public attention they are receiving.  That donation outlined the importance of the MLS clubs for the national program and Canadian soccer as a whole at this point in time, the fact it was needed vividly illustrated the financial challenges caused by the CSB deal and that the sacrifices made by other chunks of Canadian soccer to help the CPL, while needed and justified, are very real and substantial and the federation, through OKing MLS in the official job title, showed they are accepting the MLS clubs will stay around for the time being. Some react badly to it because it's a powerful reminder of several realities they don't like , and I get that (I am firmly against the MLS clubs being forced in but I do think the CPL deserve more attention and obviously everyone would love for us to not have to make some of the financial choices we have to), but those realities won't disappear if we ignore them. The federation has to function with the cards it has, that's why Blue has been brought in.
    • Nice finish.   He really seems to be making positive steps this year   Pretty excited about this guy     Also curious what secret conversation Farsi was having with him.   
    • Fraser not dressed for Dallas due to what is reported as a thigh injury 
    • https://x.com/LFCYussef6/status/1792021476721209853 Safe to say yes will be in the friendly squad.