Possible Brennan trouble (or injury) at Norwich

David C.

Seems that Brennan may have snaped at his manager, after being subbed out of a match, a few weeks ago. He hasn't dressed for the first team since or played a reserve game.

Below are some forum postings, discussing whether he is out of the manager's plans or injured. No one seems to know for sure.

http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=21792

http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=22276

http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=22305

This isnt good news, Lets hope its just an injury. It would be teriible to fall out of favour on teh verge of promotion and not be taken along for the ride. Hopefully he can work out his spat with the gaffer and join in the festivities and perks of promotion to the premiership. JB and JDV for the premeirship next year!

• 1 month later...

Hi

i'm a Norwich fan (from Norwich...) and i've heard that Jim did have a falling out with the manger a month or so ago. Our manager (Nigel Worthington) is known for being pretty strict and I heard that a slightly lackadaisical comment/attitude from Jim one day in training didn't go down too well with the manager. We've got such competition for places at the moment that it was enough for Jim to lose his starting spot. This is just rumour from inside the club but i'm pretty sure it's accurate.

It doesn't help that our 'star' player Darren Huckerby has been playing on the left in a 4-3-3 formation of late and that's contributed to Jim being left out.

Anyway, i've been lucky enough to get an invite to the end-of-season players' party at the stadium on Sunday and i'm hoping to meet Jim so if there's any questions for him, let me know and i'll get back to this forum.

cheers

L

Welcome to the boards. We'll be cheering on Norwich in the EPL next year since Brennan will be on the team - hopefully he gets a bit more playing time. Ask him if he intends to compete with Iain Hume for most interesting haircut on the Canadian team. :)

Ah, you beat me to it. The haircut bit. (What? Nothing about the Smokey & The Bandit sunglasses?)

Yeah, well done Norwich. Somehow I recall your last visit to top flight sending them to the 1st Division, not some Premiership.

Here's a bug you can bend his ear with. Has he heard boo about a certain Tony Menezes who's currently playing out in China these days? JB and Tony have kicked a few balls around together in their Canada kits and since we get ABSOLUTELY NO NEWS about our long lost sweeper maybe he's heard this or that about Yallop's plans for the man. Off the record of course.

And of course the usual inquirings about his national team commitments. Know he's in a bit of a tight spot career wise, and I think most of us would forgive him a few absences since he's been a good soilder so far, but he's got to be one of our starting 11 along that left line, and the more often the better. See if you get him to say anything about that.

(You guys ever going to finish that stadium?)

And yeah, keen comments regarding Mr. Worthington there. He had a few peices to say to JB on a television bit we got out here relating to the promotion and Brennan. Pretty much said JB has to be serious to be taken seriously as charms and good looks will only get you so far.

If you could, tell the man the Canadas are watching and proud of him. Injuries and all.

Ha! oh yes, the haircut... it's a kind of skunk stripe at the moment. Caused a rash of fan copycat cuts too.

Worthington has always talked well about players going to play for their countries... I don't think it would be like Man United where players are sometimes discouraged to go. I guess it could just be a question of whether JB wants to earn brownie points by staying around.

The stadium is slooooowly getting there. Yet another 'corner infill' is due to start soon. Capacity will then be around 26000. Not really enough for the EPL but I prefer the fact that it still looks like a football stadium rather than the new identikit grounds that have sprung up in recent years (Derby, Leicester, Southampton etc)

I'll ask him about TM if I can. Where in China is he playing do you know?

Ganzu??? Something like that. Don't recall hearing or seeing anything about him for quite some time so he could be on Mars for all I know. Shot in the dark realy. Hoping some of the fellows keep in touch with each other.

Archived