Halifax Wanderers - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

Some big signing news this week, I'm thinking a lot of depth. 

I really can't figure out our midfield. I feel like we have a ton of really strong center-mid guys who could more or less all start. Think we will see a lot of rotation and a lot of battling for playing time. Hopefully it doesn't lead to frustration in the locker room. 

12 hours ago, narduch said:

It's an interesting signing and not one which fits the normal mould for an international player coming into the CanPL.  Solid record in the American second-tier, 31 years old now, so not coming in for any real sell-on value. If Christian is a success at Halifax, may it lead to other clubs adjusting their transfer policy?

My son and I wanted to take a short trip at the end of his school term so we chose Halifax around the idea of going to the season opener for the Wanderers.  I've got tickets to the game already (which is good because there aren't many left).

We're going to come into town a couple of days early and I'm wondering if anyone can make some suggestions for things to do/see in town during that week.  I'm not planning on renting a car (probably just take a shuttle in from the airport) so I'm looking for ideas in the city as opposed to, say, checking out Peggy's Cove.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Kingston said:

My son and I wanted to take a short trip at the end of his school term so we chose Halifax around the idea of going to the season opener for the Wanderers.  I've got tickets to the game already (which is good because there aren't many left).

We're going to come into town a couple of days early and I'm wondering if anyone can make some suggestions for things to do/see in town during that week.  I'm not planning on renting a car (probably just take a shuttle in from the airport) so I'm looking for ideas in the city as opposed to, say, checking out Peggy's Cove.

Thanks in advance!

The Citadel is fairly cool to see and provides a good view of the city. Keith's Brewery tour is also well worth it. Both in the inner city and walkable. Lots of cool pubs and restaurants as well. Just a few of the things my wife and I checked out on our visit. I'm sure others will be able to recommend more things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...