Match Thread: August 12, 2023 - HFX Wanderers v Vancouver FC

narduch

20 minutes ago, Big_M said:

ghotbi is still talking about playoff race but once again a sixfive team travels with five subs

I prefer Crawford at LB rather than switching Cameron to that side to accomodate the clumsy and often obnoxious Bakare. Hundal out of position. Kwak starting again but not on merit imo. Cantave on the bench. Vancouver seemingly shuffling the deck again but looking quite rudderless on paper.

A bright note is that TJ traveled with them, more of a feat with only five subs dressed.

35 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Thanks.. i noticed he doesn't play much and was hoping maybe he was getting on the plane with Vancouver after the match 

I still think he’s our best striker option and we need those U21 minutes.   Perruzza can bang in a couple today and prove me wrong!

Only watched from just before the third goal but think Halifax are doing the sensible thing by being a bit more direct now given they don't appear to have the greatest playing surface. They are way better on the ball than Vancouver but you need to mix it up a bit sometimes or you become too predictable if you stick too rigidly to lots of short passes.

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

How was Perruzza how did he look ?

Not too bad.  Had several bad touches which stood out.  He's only get better once he's had some more time with the group (I hope).  He almost scored in the first half with a nice outside foot shot that went just wide.