Match Thread: April 22, 2023 - York United v Vancouver FC

56 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The sort of weather that always makes you question why most Canadian stadia don't have a roof. Let's sit in the pouring rain for over 90 minutes.

And they expect people to come out right. Ya let’s just put a couple of bleachers up and people will come . No consideration taken into the fact that the weather sucks in this country 90 percent of the time , we don’t live here because of the great weather . 

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

And they expect people to come out right. Ya let’s just put a couple of bleachers up and people will come . No consideration taken into the fact that the weather sucks in this country 90 percent of the time , we don’t live here because of the great weather . 

Why would York United spend that kind of money on a university stadium they don't own or control? I know they have a good partnership with York U but things will be better at Woodbine (roof + grass).

In retrospect, that's a reason why the league doesn’t let clubs in without concrete stadium plans anymore. They don't want another FC Edmonton or York 9 situation.

13 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Why would York United spend that kind of money on a university stadium they don't own or control? I know they have a good partnership with York U but things will be better at Woodbine (roof + grass).

In retrospect, that's a reason why the league doesn’t let clubs in without concrete stadium plans anymore. They don't want another FC Edmonton or York 9 situation.

I realize that , let’s hope that if Woodbine is a go that they build something with a roof over the stands . I do recall seeing a rendering or something of the original stadium York wanted to build in Vaughan and it was a stadium fully enclosed with a roof over all the stands it looked great . Hopefully they build something similar at Woodbine . Look call me crazy or what but if this league eventually gets most teams one day in nice proper 5 to  10000 seats soccer friendly stadiums attendance will soar .

Edited by SoccMan

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Acres of empty seats but bet it still gets announced as 1500+.

Is anyone here at the game? Sure doesn't seem like anywhere close to that when they pan to the stands.

This club is an absolute disaster. I wonder how much longer an owner wants to keep this thing on life support.

Edited by Soccerpro2