How Will You Watch Canada (TV/Stream)

19 minutes ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

I don't think I could ever leave up to the chance of OTA.

TSN is like 25 dollars for the month and you get every match and can stream it from anywhere.  How is that not worth it?

Not sure what you meant by the first sentence but the original question was "How will you watch Canada" not every game.

49 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

Off topic but any recommendations for places in Toronto to go watch the Belgium game? Elephant and Castle is all booked up.

You're welcome to join us at Opera Bobs.  Dundas and Ossington.  Pub opens at 1.  No resos.

Other spots on the Voyageurs list are:

Rails and Ales (1106 Danforth)

The Rec Room (255 Bremner)

The Duke of York (39 Prince Arthur)

Lost Craft Brewery (837 Runnymede)

1 hour ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

You're welcome to join us at Opera Bobs.  Dundas and Ossington.  Pub opens at 1.  No resos.

I wish I still lived in the city - instead of the outer-outer suburbs.

Is this "Voyageurs list" available? (Apologies if it is somewhere totally obvious)

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Oddly enough, I'd like to watch it on Fox.  Not anything involving Chad Johnson's (not calling him Ocho Cinco) silly features, but just to get an enemy/opponent's perspective, win, lose, or draw.  

I'd like to get out of the echo chamber for this first match.

Yeah, not that I have TSN or Onesoccer but I wouldn't use them anyway.  I'm with you, I like getting another perspective.  I have a Fox stream in my setup that works perfectly, except during a WC game :(  Buffering to the point of unusability.  

So it looks like CTV OTA or BBC with the gimmick.

Just checking for Toronto, WUTV (Fox) should be attainable with an antenna.  In Montreal a decent antenna setup might be able to pick up WFFF (Fox)

TSN has a promo on now where you can subscribe for a year for $119 (so, ~10/month). There's also a 4 month option for a bit more per month. That will get you the World Cup and also La Liga. Previous years it would get you MLS but I guess that's moving to AppleTV next season (not sure if TSN will retain any games). Also NHL hockey depending on which region you live in.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Oddly enough, I'd like to watch it on Fox.  Not anything involving Chad Johnson's (not calling him Ocho Cinco) silly features, but just to get an enemy/opponent's perspective, win, lose, or draw.  

I'd like to get out of the echo chamber for this first match.

Are we getting Canadian voices on the match broadcast? I thought not. Or are you referring to pre/halftime/post game coverage?

1 hour ago, PaulV said:

Previous years it would get you MLS but I guess that's moving to AppleTV next season

I guess not only do you have to pay for Apple TV but you have to buy an MLS season pass as well.  No thanks.  I have three streams that will give me live MLS games, IIRC. WPHL Philadelphia, WGN Chicago and EuroSport.  I can't remember if Freesports shows them live or delayed.

Watching the highlights on TSN, Jennifer Hedger is having one.  In the France highlights, she said France trying to avoid being the first champion to fail to make it out of the group stage, and then she just said Mexico has failed to make it out of the group stage in seven consecutive tournaments!

34 minutes ago, RJB said:

Watching the highlights on TSN, Jennifer Hedger is having one.  In the France highlights, she said France trying to avoid being the first champion to fail to make it out of the group stage, and then she just said Mexico has failed to make it out of the group stage in seven consecutive tournaments!

Fire...er...re-assign the people responsible for putting that on the teleprompter.  She's just having a Ron Burgundy moment.

Edited by BearcatSA

9 hours ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Do you know if lots of people are expected to show up at Opera Bobs? I'm hoping the place is packed.