Match Thread: July 30, 2022 - Valour v Pacific

Doesn't mention it in the preview but I believe Dyer is suspended for this game. That should make things a bit easier on Pacific's defence. It's been over a month since someone not named Dyer or Akio has scored for Valour.

Edited by davey_twelve

41 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Doesn't mention it in the preview but I believe Dyer is suspended for this game. That should make things a bit easier Pacific's defence. It's been over a month since someone not name Dyer or Akio has scored for Valour.

Dyer out?  Well that would change things.  

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I think they are a lock for top 4.

Next year will be more interesting as the regular season winner gets a Champions League spot.

I agree we will probably earn a place in the playoffs. I am talking about the league championship, aka finishing top of the table.

16 hours ago, jonovision said:

Does the league recognize the regular season top-of-table team in any way?

I really wish they would, especially now that we have a balanced schedule. I noticed that someone’s added a couple of trophies to Cavalry’s Transfermarkt page for the Spring and Fall championships, so at least someone recognizes it. 

18 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Doesn't mention it in the preview but I believe Dyer is suspended for this game. That should make things a bit easier on Pacific's defence. It's been over a month since someone not name Dyer or Akio has scored for Valour.

I imagine we see a pretty heavily rotated Pacific side with the concacaf game coming up on Tuesday too though

8 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Is there a forward/striker in this lineup? I like the midfield with Rendon, Fordyce and Guti.

I feel like Valour has been good in midfield when Fordyce is on the bench. He likes to back pass/side pass too much.

I think they will struggle with no Dwyer or real forward.

It’s going to be a hot one out there today.

19 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Looks like some minor rotation for Pacific: backup keeper, no Didic. Any other key absences?

Heard not in the line-up, he has more minutes in the LW/LM spot but dos Santos has been playing well lately.

No Haynes or Mavila either, they didn't play in Jamaica so I don't know what's going on there.

Looking forward to seeing Gazdov.

Man, Valour *really* needs to close off the two or three sections at either end of the pitch and create a more concentrated crowd. The attendance today actually seems half-decent, but I feel like having everyone spread out so far would just suck the energy of it. Atletico Ottawa taking this approach (and making everyobe that much closer to the supporters' section) has made a huge difference for the in-stadium experience.