Ontario pyramid Prom/Rel

P-O

No idea where to put this thread, but amazed by the structure I have just seen.

A 3 tier pyramid with relegation starting 2024 with the winner invited for the Canadian championship.

I wonder if this Ontarien Premier Division could eventually form the Canadian D2 with some Quebec based team.

Such a great news for Canadian football. I wish Quebec were there. Maybe 20 years ahead.

1 hour ago, P-O said:

No idea where to put this thread, but amazed by the structure I have just seen.

A 3 tier pyramid with relegation starting 2024 with the winner invited for the Canadian championship.

I wonder if this Ontarien Premier Division could eventually form the Canadian D2 with some Quebec based team.

Such a great news for Canadian football. I wish Quebec were there. Maybe 20 years ahead.

Thanks for sharing the news. L1O talk goes in the "Canadian Teams and Leagues" section. Someone else started a thread there shortly after you started this one.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Link to any article or confirmation?

It'd be great if all three of these tiers could also play an Ontario Cup, or something like that, so the lower tier clubs could match themselves against the higher. 

image.jpeg.4441981ae55785f85d5e7837d7188eff.jpeg

Looks like (in the the League1 Cup will have all three divisions competing with each other as you’ve suggested. 
exciting news!

1 minute ago, maccaliam said:

image.jpeg.4441981ae55785f85d5e7837d7188eff.jpeg

Looks like (in the the League1 Cup will have all three divisions competing with each other as you’ve suggested. 
exciting news!

I also think it's a brilliant idea.

I would also suggest the winner goes to the Voyageurs Cup as well. I suppose them not getting going earlier in the season is a reason not to add extra rounds before, though it'd be nice. 

So you set it up cup to cup, to give L1O two reps. And if Quebec can do something similar, and BC, then add those. Only I appreciate that what a league winner in L1O does not want to do is have to play against their familiar Cup winner in a first round, these leagues need to see CPL teams early on for it to work well. 

This part sounds quite promising:

...The strategy is twofold: New organizations will eventually have the potential to join the League1 ecosystem – especially those in underserved regions of the province – without diluting the quality of competition and the ongoing value of a current license...

...if it implies that district amateur leagues can hook up as a feeder league to a regional League 2 format to form a coherent pyramid. That way even Goderich (inside joke for people posting on the CanPL subform a few years back) can have a team.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot