Road to Costa Rica - u20 World Cup

red card

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, narduch said:

Bracket is set according to wikipedia. Canada shouldn't have any issues qualifying for the the U-20 World Cup.

image.png.4d8ed549a4229a3e9efb6904e7546200.png

As long as Mexico doesn't get upset in exactly the semi final round, it should be easy. The game tomorrow will likely be pretty ugly for anyone cheering for the underdog.

3 hours ago, rkomar said:

Maybe not.  Perhaps twitter paid for the rights for live streaming.

Doubt it.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

I think they are being cute with their wording here.

Yes. We already know that they have all CONCACAF rights. They just never bothered to broadcast all the matches until now. The Cayman Islands match will be a real joke but the others are where it gets more interesting.

21 hours ago, narduch said:

Canada shouldn't have any issues qualifying for the the U-20 World Cup.

We have failed in the recent past..

9 hours ago, Kent said:

As long as Mexico doesn't get upset in exactly the semi final round, it should be easy.

Anybody who can upset Mexico might have a chance against us.

I do agree that the next two matches will be very easy, almost a joke.

I just watched last night's episode of OneSoccer Today and I swear in the ticker at the bottom it said the game against Cayman Islands is at 7pm Eastern. But all signs point to it being at 6pm Eastern. Come on OneSoccer, be better!

In other Round of 16 games, USA is smashing Suriname 7-0 in the 63rd minute, and Puerto Rico is smashing Saint Kitts and Nevis 6-0 also in the 63rd minute. Assuming Canada beats Cayman Islands, we would play Puerto Rico next. If their lopsided win is any indication, maybe they will actually be a decent test for Canada. We only beat Saint Kitts 7-0 in our first game.

Contrary to the wiki page, the match announcer said Canada will play winner of Jamaica/Panama next. 

US Soccer match report says they're playing winner of Haiti/Guyana.

In the quarterfinal on Tuesday, March 8 (4 p.m. local / 3 p.m. ET), the USA will face the winner of tomorrow’s Round of 16 match between Haiti and Guyana.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2022/03/us-u-20-wynt-rolls-past-suriname-14-0-in-round-of-16-at-concacaf-womens-u-20-championship

1 hour ago, red card said:

Contrary to the wiki page, the match announcer said Canada will play winner of Jamaica/Panama next. 

US Soccer match report says they're playing winner of Haiti/Guyana.

In the quarterfinal on Tuesday, March 8 (4 p.m. local / 3 p.m. ET), the USA will face the winner of tomorrow’s Round of 16 match between Haiti and Guyana.

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2022/03/us-u-20-wynt-rolls-past-suriname-14-0-in-round-of-16-at-concacaf-womens-u-20-championship

This makes more sense. Why would they load up each side of the bracket with only 2 groups?

36 minutes ago, mtlfan said:

Can someone explain why Cayman islands, Suriname etc got byes into the round of 16?

No idea. 

The upcoming Men's tournament has the same format. 

Looks like we are not on the USA side of the bracket based on the latest wiki updates 

15 hours ago, mtlfan said:

Can someone explain why Cayman islands, Suriname etc got byes into the round of 16?

I don't know if you are asking why they made the decision, or how it was these teams. I don't know why they decided on this, but these teams won their qualifying groups before the tournament proper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_CONCACAF_Women's_U-20_Championship_qualification

On 3/5/2022 at 8:11 AM, narduch said:

No idea. 

The upcoming Men's tournament has the same format. 

Looks like we are not on the USA side of the bracket based on the latest wiki updates 

This is the part I hate about CONCACAF U-xx tournaments on Wiki as it is never accurate. I always rely on official CONCACAF documents / regulations that they usually published BEFORE to the draw of the qualifier tournament.

Regulations (concacaf.com)

On 3/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, narduch said:

Canada will face Panama on Tuesday March 8 at 3pm ET. Will probably be on One Soccer youtube again.

As per CONCACAF.com and Canada WNT website the match time is 6 pm.

OneSoccer will televised it live on YouTube  = Source WHAT TO WATCH: Montreal returns to CCL & Canada vs. USA looms (onesoccer.ca)

Edited by Jedi Ram
CONFIRMED MATCH TIME