Road to Costa Rica - u20 World Cup

red card

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Trois Reds said:

I'm guessing that it's 6pm EST? The article doesn't mention any times.

My apologies for that... I will be mindful of that in the future posts... Thanks @narduch

Both websites did mention the times where article did mention that it will be showing on YouTube channel. 

Edited by Jedi Ram

That was so frustrating to watch.  We were up two players, but you couldn't tell from the play.  I guess they stayed on the back line, not contributing much advantage.  We also couldn't figure out how to play in those conditions.  The one idea was to hoof it forward into the crowd every time, even when there was no pressure.

3 hours ago, rkomar said:

That was so frustrating to watch.  We were up two players, but you couldn't tell from the play.  I guess they stayed on the back line, not contributing much advantage.  We also couldn't figure out how to play in those conditions.  The one idea was to hoof it forward into the crowd every time, even when there was no pressure.

I just saw the second half, but yeah the no pressure thing was a bit ridiculous at times. Sometimes a player had the ball with nobody around her. It looked like she was going to take her time and pick out an easy pass. Then someone who is 15 or 20 meters away takes a quick step towards the ball carrier and they rush a low percentage pass and kick it away.

That being said, I have played on a puddle infested field like that in the past. It's hard to play decent soccer, and the solution really is to play the ball in the air quite a bit.

But the job is done. On to the next round. Just need 1 win in the next 2 games and we are qualified for the World Cup!

17 hours ago, Kent said:

I just saw the second half, but yeah the no pressure thing was a bit ridiculous at times. Sometimes a player had the ball with nobody around her. It looked like she was going to take her time and pick out an easy pass. Then someone who is 15 or 20 meters away takes a quick step towards the ball carrier and they rush a low percentage pass and kick it away.

That being said, I have played on a puddle infested field like that in the past. It's hard to play decent soccer, and the solution really is to play the ball in the air quite a bit.

But the job is done. On to the next round. Just need 1 win in the next 2 games and we are qualified for the World Cup!

There were times in the first half when a player would start dribbling with no-one around and the ball would drown in a puddle while the player ran away without it, so I understand the second-half hoofing.  If someone missed a tackle, she went sliding ten yards past on her back like she were on the old Slip'n'Slide. Canada got their goal, then went up a couple players, then won what was basically a game of water polo.  I hope the next game is drier.

Edited by Trois Reds
grammar

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Canada down 1-0 at the half

Was at work and didn't watch, but not surprised in the slightest. I don't think @Admin is either. They have a professional league that prioritizes youth development and are far more comfortable spending 2+ weeks in the heat of the D.R.

Mexico is the real deal.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille