Canada Soccer says there will be a celebration tour for #canWNT. Dates and games to be announced at a later date.

Cblake

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I'm glad something is finally set up. I hope they schedule more as well, not just Ottawa and Montreal. But pack those stadiums Ottawa and Montreal!

I am sure they will be packed with 18,000 in Ottawa. Saputo at full capacity is just shy of 20K with 19,619, does anyone know what the current capacity guidelines are in Quebec?

If I had a dollar for every game I've been at 5C or below I'd be buying everyone beers for a while.

A lot of competitions have finals in October or even November like Usports. If you're playing it's fine even in the snow, you stay warm. And if you're a fan there are a few ways to keep warm :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Makes sense now. CONCACAF W Championship  / WCQ was supposed to start in November but that got bumped to February.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_CONCACAF_W_Championship_qualification

No locations or kickoff time announced but the Mexican team will be training in Mexico City.

I always wondered how the #CanWNT would perform at altitude.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

For the longest time I've been curious as to how the #CanWNT would perform at altitude. When we've played in Mexico in the past I believe it's been in the North of the country or in the Yucatan.

This time, both matches will be played somewhere in Mexico City so it will be real test.

https://miseleccion.mx/noticias/3803/La%20Selecci%C3%B3n%20Nacional%20de%20M%C3%A9xico%20Femenil%20inici%C3%B3%20concentraci%C3%B3n

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Looks like the Celebration tour for the "Golden Girls" will continue on. Great to see, lets keep the party going for all the country to enjoy

Has there been any indication about when they'll announce locations or when the celebration tour will take place? Really hoping they include the East Coast. Halifax would pack the grounds and I think they're expanding the overall capacity closer to 8000 this year.