Theo Corbeanu

jordan

27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Depends what level we are comparing Theo to and where we can see him eventually but if you look at guys like Jake Livermore (currently Kone's teammate) and Andros Townsend.  They carved out decent careers between the Premier League and leagues just below after famously being loaned out numerous times (more than 5 each I am willing to say).

This. I was just looking at Arsenal for a joke. Look at three of their guys currently out on loan:

Sambi Lokonga (Anderlecht player for four years turned loanee for two clubs)

Screenshot_20240505-185107_Chrome.jpg.b7bbdff04e0594c50e227f951a76d581.jpg

Marquinhos (Sao Paulo as a teenager. Impressive. Goes to Arsenal and becomes a perpetual loanee)

Screenshot_20240505-184912_Chrome.jpg.10b1ef0266de4fc4ac165a63a0765537.jpg

Nuno Tavares (Again, Benfica as a young player, signs for Arsenal and then loaned out)

Screenshot_20240505-185004_Chrome.jpg.5894f07bdeb941f317ca763de7781a9a.jpg

Are these bad players? Absolutely not. But it's Arsenal and it's the EPL. 

They host Real Madrid this afternoon, 6:30, local time. I won't watch as my local u19s are playing the Barça team, much more entertaining.

As Real Madrid won the league last weekend they will probably do the proverbial tunnel of champions, as they come onto the pitch. But the league has agreed not to give Madrid the trophy today, as they normally would, because Granada just officially relegated, they figured that would rub it in their faces. 

No idea if Theo is playing or not.

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They host Real Madrid this afternoon, 6:30, local time. I won't watch as my local u19s are playing the Barça team, much more entertaining.

As Real Madrid won the league last weekend they will probably do the proverbial tunnel of champions, as they come onto the pitch. But the league has agreed not to give Madrid the trophy today, as they normally would, because Granada just officially relegated, they figured that would rub it in their faces. 

No idea if Theo is playing or not.

Wow, that is pathetically soft. I don’t think Granada ever had title ambitions so who cares? 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Having title ambitions and ambitions to stay in the league are not the same thing.

Exactly my point. It’s like a team cancelling a Stanley cup banner raising ceremony because another team missed the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I agree.

And that's why I block that particular poster, such a clueless douche. 

Actually I was blocked because I pointed out that Isak wasn’t eligible for the 2020 golden boy award. But yes, I’m the clueless one. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

If you don't know the difference between missing the playoffs and relegation, you aren't, honestly, very good at following football. 

“It’s like” - clearly not Oxford educated. If you don’t know the difference between fighting to stay up and fighting for a title you aren’t very knowledgeable yourself. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

“It’s like” - clearly not Oxford educated. 

It's not "like."  There is a massive difference that anyone that actually has ever supported a relegated or even relegation-threatened team knows.  Your attempt at an analogy showed you have no understanding of that. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

9 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

It's not "like."  There is a massive difference that anyone that actually has ever supported a relegated or even relegation-threatened team knows.  Your attempt at an analogy showed you have no understanding of that. 

Newcastle supporter so I have. Still wouldn’t be crying if we played a champion because we were never fighting for the trophy. It would hurt more to play the team that finished 17th… 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Newcastle supporter so I have. Still wouldn’t be crying if we played a champion because we were never fighting for the trophy. It would hurt more to play the team that finished 17th… 

Then why pick an analogy that makes you look completely ignorant about the ramifications?

10 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Then why pick an analogy that makes you look completely ignorant about the ramifications?

I was making a comparison to the emptiness of the gesture. If my team were relegated I’d want it awarded in front of them. You’re trying to dunk on me as if I don’t know what relegation is, which is buffoonish. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I was making a comparison to the emptiness of the gesture. If my team were relegated I’d want it awarded in front of them. You’re trying to dunk on me as if I don’t know what relegation is, which is buffoonish. 

It was a buffoonish analogy that made you look clueless.

At end of the day, it's delaying the ceremony a week.  Enjoy the rest of your day, mate. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

28 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

It was a buffoonish analogy that made you look clueless.

At end of the day, it's delaying the ceremony a week.  Enjoy the rest of your day, mate. 

I think it was the straw man you created out of that analogy that was buffoonish. Any reasonable person can see that the topic is regarding the gesture and that anyone posting on this board understands the ramifications of relegation. We’ve had what.. 6+ players in relegation battles this season? 

But carry on, have a good one as well. 

52 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I would guess

He got a start and almost 60' in one game. Tajon hasn't played much more than 20, if that, in any one his appearances. 

104 minutes since the transfer I believe.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What his status will be with the team under Marsch? Didn't get called under Biello and hasn't been played since 2022 against Uruguay, yet is starting today in La Liga (granted for a team about to go down, but still....). 

His season ends only a few weeks before the friendlies, since he’s already next door, I’d like to see him get a call, especially if he can put in good minutes between now and season’s end. I don’t think he’ll get called up again until after Copa at the earliest, but I hope Marsch values him.