Supporters United for the CanPL

Admin

The Support Local Football campaign has two purposes.   The first is to grow The Voyageurs and the support of all our national teams.  The second is to support the launch of the CanPL. 

Why

Our players need a place to play.   The CanPL will not replace the MLS teams.  The CanPL will expand the range of opportunity for Canadian players. I want to make it clear we will not be taking an anti MLS position in supporting the CanPL.   This is an opportunity to grow the game. 

Goals

The Voyageurs will work to connect with the soccer community from top to bottom to do the following.

• Promote the long term support of the Canadian league so that players aged 8 today will have a place to play when they are 18.  We are looking for a core of people in each city to put in a ten year commitment to make this league work. 
  • Work with the league and teams to set up standards for supporters based on what we have learned works and does not work from current supporters groups
  • Raise funds for supporters groups over the next year to help with local SG start up funds  (ie buy scarfs ect)
  • Raise community awareness of the league
  • Foster an improved Canadian soccer culture that supports the game in Canada

Plan

• Develop effective messaging to support the goals so we are consistent from coast to coast in how we approach people
  • Hold a supporters summit prior to the launch of the league
  • Increase the presence of The Voyageurs at events across the country 
  • Create Original Supporter merchandise to raise funds for local CanPL supporters groups 
  • Build relationships with associations, clubs and community groups across Canada

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you've got my support Jamie for any Regina based team, team on the prairies, or anything else that is necessary. As well, I'm sure I can speak for Jeff and Lars by saying we are more than willing to use the podcast as a platform to help in whatever way we can (in fact, it's part of the podcast's purpose). 

Love the fact that things are in motion. Looking forward to this, the incorporation, and where it all goes.

6 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Of course you've got my support Jamie for any Regina based team, team on the prairies, or anything else that is necessary. As well, I'm sure I can speak for Jeff and Lars by saying we are more than willing to use the podcast as a platform to help in whatever way we can (in fact, it's part of the podcast's purpose). 

Love the fact that things are in motion. Looking forward to this, the incorporation, and where it all goes.

Yeah, haven't been excited about much for a while, this feels like it's going to be good. 

Will be making some changes to drive traffic to 'all the things' like podcasts, blogs ect... that will happen in the next few weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

Personally, any 10 year commitment is difficult without knowing what city I will be in when 2019 rolls around, but I will do my best to get involved in Hamilton as long as I am here and hope to end up somewhere with a CPL team after. This is the big push

Well, it's a non refundable retainer we have on a death squad of ex South African militia members hired to track down people who re neg on this, so it's not really an option to simply move.

• 2 weeks later...

Original Supporter has been dropped for being too douchey.  

It also opens the door for people being basically dickheads forever.

Here is the replacement. 

I'll have this on a shirt and on the site this afternoon.

There will be Football and Soccer versions. 

supporters-united-canpl2018.jpg

15 minutes ago, admin said:

If you are posting in this thread. You are in. 

Ahhhh, got it.  Read it is as club supporter group level not big picture.  Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.  Not much Voyageur support down here but I'll do what I can.

1 minute ago, Rheo said:

Ahhhh, got it.  Read it is as club supporter group level not big picture.  Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.  Not much Voyageur support down here but I'll do what I can.

Supporters locally may need to do the ground work week in week out on game day ect...  but we can't afford anyone who cares about the game in this country to be in or out.  It's all in. 

Archived