Supporters United for the CanPL

Admin

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, admin said:

Lord Bob. You are a context sensitive dickhead.  

There will always be room for you sir.

:D

To be fair, since Lord Bob *is* the original supporter, he should still get the dickhead charter (and the t-shirt).  He can then define the contexts under which we may join the dickhead brigade... ;)

I'm definitely on board to pitch in where ever I am. There is an 80% chance I will be back in Ontario by the summer but as long as I still live in Winnipeg I'll do what I can here, and if I end up back in Ontario I will jump on board with whichever Ontario team is closest to me.   

On November 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM, MrsC said:

I'm definitely on board to pitch in where ever I am. There is an 80% chance I will be back in Ontario by the summer but as long as I still live in Winnipeg I'll do what I can here, and if I end up back in Ontario I will jump on board with whichever Ontario team is closest to me.   

Times like this makes me wish I was still living in Winnipeg (never thought I'd say that) Cause I'd love to help out.

Have my hands full here in Edmonton already with the ESG (Highly doubtful to be a part of CanPL.) But would love to see a SG in Winnipeg!

On 11/25/2016 at 2:51 PM, OnkelDal said:

Times like this makes me wish I was still living in Winnipeg (never thought I'd say that) Cause I'd love to help out.

Have my hands full here in Edmonton already with the ESG (Highly doubtful to be a part of CanPL.) But would love to see a SG in Winnipeg!

Just kinda sad that Edmonton doesn't want to come along.

Just now, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Bring back the Wheels! I'd wait to hear more of the details on what is happening from Paul Beirne once he starts doing podcasts before completely writing off the smaller secondary markets like London and Windsor.

In that blog post on the Batallion meet up Beirne attended he mentioned wanting 30-40 teams.  I'd imagine that would be long, long term though.

Paul Beirne, the CPL’s first hire and the first employee of Toronto FC, also says the top priority of this league is to improve the men’s national team.

“It’s the right time and a right step for us as a nation to become more mature. I have dreams of 30 or 40 teams across the country. It’s doable.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doesn't sound like it's anytime soon type of thing but pie in the sky.

Here's the full blog post link http://peopleofhamilton.com/sports/barton-street-battalion/

17 minutes ago, Gopherbashi said:

I'm going to assume for the sake of my sanity that he means 30-40 more teams from the D1 through D3 levels.

Since when has this thread ever had sanity :)  But yeah that's what I assumed.  Maybe he's including the Ontario and Quebec leagues as a feeder group with no relegation, with plans to have a Western Canadian league as well.

3 hours ago, Rheo said:

Paul Beirne, the CPL’s first hire and the first employee of Toronto FC, also says the top priority of this league is to improve the men’s national team.

“It’s the right time and a right step for us as a nation to become more mature. I have dreams of 30 or 40 teams across the country. It’s doable.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doesn't sound like it's anytime soon type of thing but pie in the sky.

Here's the full blog post link http://peopleofhamilton.com/sports/barton-street-battalion/

1 hour ago, Rheo said:

Since when has this thread ever had sanity :)  But yeah that's what I assumed.  Maybe he's including the Ontario and Quebec leagues as a feeder group with no relegation, with plans to have a Western Canadian league as well.

2 hours ago, Gopherbashi said:

I'm going to assume for the sake of my sanity that he means 30-40 more teams from the D1 through D3 levels.

When he said that, it was very much an off hand, "one day" sort of comment. I wouldn't read into it

On 21/11/2016 at 10:20 AM, paul-collins said:

To be fair, since Lord Bob *is* the original supporter, he should still get the dickhead charter (and the t-shirt).  He can then define the contexts under which we may join the dickhead brigade... ;)

I haven't seen Guillermo's official Dickhead Brigade t-shirt design.  Is it in another thread?  

Archived