Canada vs. Morocco - Oct. 10, 3PM EST - In Game Thread

hamiltonfan

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Canada will go with

Borjan; de Jong Edgar (c) James Aird; Piette Straith; Jackson Osorio Ricketts; Haber.

Hopefully we can keep a clean sheet in first half and then bring on a few more offensive minded players...would be pretty tough to score with that group against a solid Moroccon side

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Edgar and James both go to head the same cross and both miss. Carcela bangs home the loose ball from 10 yards out. 1-0 Morocco.

I'd need to see the replay again, but I'd put it on Edgar. IIRC James was already going up for the header, all Edgar did was pull himself out of position by going for it

2 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I'd need to see the replay again, but I'd put it on Edgar. IIRC James was already going up for the header, all Edgar did was pull himself out of position by going for it

Other way around, James came storming in.

edit: just looked at it again, the ball went 2 feet over Edgar's head so he never had a shot at it. James was closest and moved in but couldn't get his head on it.

I don't mind James because at least there is some potential. I am very glad to see Osorio and Aird in the lineup, both strong young MLS caliber players.

The only complaint I have is how in the heck does Samuel Piette have 27 caps already as a 21 year old and he isn't a professional player? I have never seen the guy do anything of value, yet he consistently finds a way on the field every single time Canada plays. The guy can't even run! He is lost out there every single time I don't get how the coaches can't see it. You can't have Bekker or Teibert out there? Or go younger and have Chapman / Froese / Bustos ANYBODY.

Archived