WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

Hey -- remember when we pissed away two points in El Salvador against their "D" team??? yeah me too...

I'm still mad about that. But we play exactly like Wolves did last year. It's infuriating especially when you know you have a better team. Walter Zenga has come in and proven that the team was forced to play like a joke.

9 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

What I can't stomach is that he didn't even try. You will never find a better example of why we always lose in Cenral America: they simply want it more.

I think he was trying but he's clearly gassed. As far as his defending it was poor but you see it all the time when defending superior players like say CR7. They play soft so they can't get beat by sudden movements/pace and play to block the cross/pass. Notice the space defenders give him until they bite on a stepover. All in all if Henry is going to defend like that he needs to decide to close in sooner or block the cross with anticipation 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Ledgerwood plays on the right. de Jong plays on the left.

I know. I'm frustrating and spewing shit haha. I just wish we had better options than De Jong and Henry as our full backs. It just seems like such an important position filled with a mediocre player and a decent player out of position.

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Larin just isnt what he is with us as he is in mls

I've been saying that since before the Gold Cup last year.  He plays like he's Lionel fucking Messi in MLS, and he scores goals less often than I do when he's got the MNT jersey on.

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Larin just isnt what he is with us as he is in mls

And this is normal. MLS level is way to inconsistent and riddled with terrible defending that doesn't translate well to international football. Look at Gold Boot winner Wondolowski with the USA, or Marco Pappa who plays at the highest level for guatemala but does jack shit for them and now comes off the bench at most. 

Archived