WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now we have it all to do Tuesday night, and hope that Mexico won't roll over against Honduras.  I would think Mexico would rather see us than Honduras in the Hex - because based on today's evidence, we're much less of a threat!

I hope to see all of you at Doolins on Tuesday for the march to BC Place. Cheers.

Just now, Supersonic78 said:

FIRE FLORO NOW. 

TELL ME ONE THING HE DID THAT HELPED THIS TEAM

He did cap a bunch of players. So there's that. But he has literally no idea what kind of team he wants to field. He changes it every fucking game. It's like he's playing video games, where if a player has a mediocre game, you trade him. He literally has NO clue what he wants. 

2 minutes ago, Canadian Pride said:

What did he do so bad time tonight that you'd suggest "firing floro tonight" ?

No seceret I don't like Floro.

But what did he do tonight????, well it goes back way before tonight to be honest.

However, when your down a goal and you sub your striker for a defensive mid/defender, WTF ???

39 minutes ago, ob1 said:

Sorry, but this Honduran team doesn't exactly ooze talent either

Much more then us surely. When we can 1/4 the results  they get at home maybe we can start making the comparisons. They're proven to be much superior then us since 2000 be it against us or other top CONCACAF teams. Just placed 4th in the olympics too, something we can only dream off in the new century.. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

Well you see.. Mexico is going to win 3-0 and we're going to win 2-0... BAM! Hex baby. loooool

That's not even good enough. 

Honduras have scored 6 and conceded 6
Canada have scored 2 and conceded 7

If the goal difference is the same than goals scored becomes the decider. If Mexico wins 3-0 and Canada wins 2-0, Honduras will still have scored more goals. 

Canada will have to score at least 3 realistically to stand any sort of chance. Advancing with less than 3 goals would be a miracle and requires a lot of Mexican help.

Floro has brought himself and Canada in a very difficult spot by not going for the draw and going for the narrow loss. 

Straith looked good when he came on. I'm disappointed with hutch, he has looked off the boil his last few games with us. The ledgerwood sub blows my mind. Backline looked shit bar straith, shit closing down on their players. Henry, I rate you. But today you laid an egg, and it's another soul crushing defeat. I'm crestfallen

Wasn't 8-1, but it sure wasn't close to good enough. Sorry, we just don't have the ability or players at this current time to make Hex, even with good additions this cycle. Back 4 was a mess, felt at times in second half Honduras could have picked their number to score today which was really discouraging. Not sure there is a more uninspiring change that Ledgerwood for Larin. 

2 minutes ago, SCF08 said:

That's not even good enough. 

Honduras have scored 6 and conceded 6
Canada have scored 2 and conceded 7

If the goal difference is the same than goals scored becomes the decider. If Mexico wins 3-0 and Canada wins 2-0, Honduras will still have scored more goals. 

Canada will have to score at least 3 realistically to stand any sort of chance. Advancing with less than 3 goals would be a miracle and requires a lot of Mexican help.

Floro has brought himself and Canada in a very difficult spot by not going for the draw and going for the narrow loss. 

Thanks, I had 3-0 and 3-0, but thought I was wrong and edited it. Two 3-0 games seems doable bahahaha

11 minutes ago, Hawkguy said:

What a joke. Fire Floro TONIGHT. I'm not even joking.

9 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

FIRE FLORO NOW. 

TELL ME ONE THING HE DID THAT HELPED THIS TEAM

This is awfully petulant.  We were always going to have difficulty, and frankly, to only lose by one is really third best scenario. 

The subs were defensive, but what had we done, all game long to indicate that we could equalize.  We had no chance in the second half, they were that superior and we were absolutely out of gas.  That was so clear.  And so to keep the loss by one actually gives us a chance, believe it or not.

I'm gutted to lose, but when we scored, that was some really good feeling that I had.  That felt so good!  But to lose by one, away in that heat, can't be scoffed at. 

7 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Starting henry at right back and subbing a striker for a defender when we needed a goal. 

Starting Henry at RB is a reason to fire him?

he tried putting on ledgerwood for some energy since he's a heart and soul guy. I don't love the substitution but I could understand it. Larin was doing nothing like he usually does for Canada and he was tired on top of that... 

Archived