WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It was a stone cold penalty.

EDIT: It was a stone cold foul.  If it was just outside, it still should have been a yellow and a free kick.

And I would be surprised if a WCQ ref watched half time highlights and replays.  Seems like the kind of influence on decision-making a high level ref would avoid.

If it was outside, then it was a red card, not a yellow.  In that case, there's no penalty kick to reinstate the goal-scoring opportunity.

In Europe refs watch replays back at half-time all the time. Not sure about the technology in the referees dressing room in Honduras but wouldn't be surprised that he looks at them himself or that someone has told him.

Shouldn't matter his performance in the 2nd half though. His ref ranking will drop down if he messes is up and makes errors so he's performing to get into the World Cup himself as well.

3 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

Larin needs to do something. he has been, by far, the biggest disappointment since joining this team. Service or no service.

Agreed. I'm not even sure I see effort from him. 

A guy like Iain Hume had years of no service either, but he had a damn motor. All over the pitch always.

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

Where the fack was the Defense. We need a better defensive coach. Disgusting. 

This has nothing to do with a defensive coach. Players are with their clubs 99% of the time. Just need better players, that's all. That can only happen with systematically better coaching from the youth clubs up.

Archived