WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Canadian Pride said:

Guys you know how HOT it is there....you shouldn't be beating up on them. 

Honduras scored that goal because borjan threw the ball out cuz James was injured and Honduras didn't give us the ball back.  That lead to them scoring. 

Ya i noticed that. Never expected them to give it back though. 

1 hour ago, balfe said:

Yeah I don't ever see Honduras play and I only watch the big Canada matches but no I am not new to the soccer scene, what I meant by technical players is exactly what you described the Hondurans as, better on the ball and being able to zip passes around much better then Canada, I probably have underrated them physically and I take your word on that, but I don't think Canada are push overs by any means. In regards to Mexico game, you must have misread my post, I said I had read on here that some posters were expecting Canada to go for all three points and that surprised me, I remember posting that night and saying the opposite, and how Canada should be expecting to win against El Salvador and teams like that rather then the Mexico's of this world.

Ah I see I did misread your post. What have you thought of the game so far. Honestly I'm currently impressed with the result if it stands. Was not expecting 1-1 going into half time.

A really poor clearence that lead to the goal, but still not a bad 1st half performance, sometimes conceding so close to the break can deflate teams but I think it may work in Canada's favour here, get in the dressing room, regroup and and refocus, a huge 45 mins coming up here, I would like to see more passing on the ground and the midfield needs to try and get Larin more involved!!

Just now, koolvid said:

Ah I see I did misread your post. What have you thought of the game so far. Honestly I'm currently impressed with the result if it stands. Was not expecting 1-1 going into half time.

No worries!! I just posted my thoughts, and I agree, good result so far, although Canada have struggled at times there has been decent spells!

I would'nt be surprised to see Honduras awared a pen in the second half, the ref might have seen the replay at half time and he could see it in a different light, do two wrongs make a right? No, but we see it happening all the time. Was it even a pen though? I would'nt have been surprised if it was given and my initial reaction was that the ref was going to give it.

7 minutes ago, balfe said:

I would'nt be surprised to see Honduras awared a pen in the second half, the ref might have seen the replay at half time and he could see it in a different light, do two wrongs make a right? No, but we see it happening all the time. Was it even a pen though? I would'nt have been surprised if it was given and my initial reaction was that the ref was going to give it.

Even if he gave the foul..it was outside the penalty area. It's where contact happens not where the attacker falls

3 minutes ago, balfe said:

It was a stone cold penalty.

EDIT: It was a stone cold foul.  If it was just outside, it still should have been a yellow and a free kick.

And I would be surprised if a WCQ ref watched half time highlights and replays.  Seems like the kind of influence on decision-making a high level ref would avoid.

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

And I would be surprised if a WCQ ref watched half time highlights and replays.  Seems like the kind of influence on decision-making a high level ref would avoid.

They don't watch replays but I know for a fact that some do receive text messages from friends and families :)

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

That's true, I remeber one match where the crowd saw what happened on a big screen after a ref gave the wrong call, the crowd reacted and the ref even had a cheeky look but he never changed his mind...

6 minutes ago, Supersonic78 said:

Possession: Honduras 74 Canada 26

Enough said.

We're gonna need another goal to get a tie out of this.

Absolutely expected away in Honduras no matter the coach. Find it hard to believe it's been much different in possession against Honduras in the last 10 years.

Archived