FINAL UPDATE!!! Canada vs Mexico *Azteca Trip** March 26-30

Admin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason I swear I heard the term 'ground package' but I went back through this thread and it doesn't exist.  D'oh.

Plan right now is that I'd be down in Mexico City with a couple co-workers that day - would there be a way for me to just purchase tickets and then meet up with all you guys/the security detail when necessary?

I guess the further question to that is, assuming a 7 PM start do you guys have any idea how the security detail works in terms of timing?  

I'm assuming if there is a security detail I can't just buy tickets anywhere and then sneak in with you guys.

Booked my flight on the recommended one out of Toronto, shoot me a message if you're also on the flight.

Can we start coming up with songs for this game now? Also speaking to a compadre about good places to eat/things to do. I'll post a few here when I find out what they are - I'd be in checking out some hotspots with some other Vs.

Estoy muy emocionado

19 hours ago, theaub said:

For some reason I swear I heard the term 'ground package' but I went back through this thread and it doesn't exist.  D'oh.

Plan right now is that I'd be down in Mexico City with a couple co-workers that day - would there be a way for me to just purchase tickets and then meet up with all you guys/the security detail when necessary?

I guess the further question to that is, assuming a 7 PM start do you guys have any idea how the security detail works in terms of timing?  

I'm assuming if there is a security detail I can't just buy tickets anywhere and then sneak in with you guys.

We will offer a "ground package" that will consist of transfer to the game, game ticket, security and transfer after the game.

You would have to start with the group at the pickup point and end with the group at the hotel for security issues.

Pricing on this will be released shortly. Send me an PM and I'll add you to the list.

Trevor/Dontpanic

Please forgive my ignorance but I went to put down a deposit and all I could see was the $75 option (which I paid). I noticed that the deposit has been raised to $150 so not sure if I need to pay more or in full which I'm happy to do, just not sure how. 

Can someone please advise if I need to pay in full and if so how to do that? 

Also would be happy to share a room if anyone is still looking for a second or third roommate. Otherwise single occupancy would be fine too assuming availability. 

Cheers,

Mark 

37 minutes ago, Markus said:

Please forgive my ignorance but I went to put down a deposit and all I could see was the $75 option (which I paid). I noticed that the deposit has been raised to $150 so not sure if I need to pay more or in full which I'm happy to do, just not sure how. 

Can someone please advise if I need to pay in full and if so how to do that? 

Also would be happy to share a room if anyone is still looking for a second or third roommate. Otherwise single occupancy would be fine too assuming availability. 

Cheers,

Mark 

Hi Markus,

I can assign you into a double occupancy with another V once you register.

Please register here on the TSS site at this time.

https://www.thesupporterssection.com/event/canada-at-mexico-world-cup-qualifying/

Let me know if you have questions.

T

The total deposit required at this point is $150. I'll make sure you are not double charged for your deposit. I can assign you to a

8 hours ago, DontPanic said:

Hi Markus,

I can assign you into a double occupancy with another V once you register.

Please register here on the TSS site at this time.

https://www.thesupporterssection.com/event/canada-at-mexico-world-cup-qualifying/

Let me know if you have questions.

T

The total deposit required at this point is $150. I'll make sure you are not double charged for your deposit. I can assign you to a

Done. Many thanks! 

More exciting news. 

We are now confirmed for a private group tour of Azteca Stadium on the Monday prior to the game.
Buried loony at centre ice pshaw!  How about a Voyageurs scarf hidden in the Mexican dressing room!!!

Plus game day only information......

GAME DAY ONLY

You must meet us at the group hotel and take the bus with the group to the pre-game and the stadium. There will be no stadium meet ups or other arrangements.

You get Transfers from the group hotel to the pre-game event (TBD), game ticket, security, and transfer back to the stadium after.

We enter as a group and leave as a group.  The cost is $100 CAD. If interested please pm me.

On 09/12/2015 at 9:23 AM, Trillium said:

So my question is ... who might be doing the double, Van on the Friday then down to Mexico City on Saturday ?

I am thinking of a western road trip to visit some folks and then doing both game

If anyones thinking has solidified... post.

Just booked my flights. I will be doing the double. I can't wait until March,  this is going to be amazing. 

On 1/11/2016 at 6:19 PM, theaub said:

When last in Azteca, I purchased my ticket separately from the UM 02, when I entered stadium, security let me walk to there section no problem...even though my ticket was for a differing zone.

I suspect you will not have an issue being seated in the away supporters area, Security in the stadium was good and knowledgeable how to handle away supporters.. I cannot imagine it being different unless the good folks at CSA create a bad impression or do not work with the appointed match official to ensure security is properly organised for the visiting fans.

3 hours ago, Trillium said:

When last in Azteca, I purchased my ticket separately from the UM 02, when I entered stadium, security let me walk to there section no problem...even though my ticket was for a differing zone.

I suspect you will not have an issue being seated in the away supporters area, Security in the stadium was good and knowledgeable how to handle away supporters.. I cannot imagine it being different unless the good folks at CSA create a bad impression or do not work with the appointed match official to ensure security is properly organised for the visiting fans.

There is more to all of this though.

We want people to be in a group, do the pre game / post game event together.

It's a lot harder to organize this stuff if people are just showing up. 

We are not asking people to do the whole ground package with us, there is a game day option.

The 'security' we have is really trip support on the day in all aspects.

It's pre game party, bus there, game, bus back, post game party.   I don't think this is putting too much of a crimp in the seasoned travelers style.

We need people like you in the group, because of your experience in all these places.  It makes the whole thing, and I hope for you too, better for everyone.

2 hours ago, admin said:

There is more to all of this though.

We want people to be in a group, do the pre game / post game event together.

It's a lot harder to organize this stuff if people are just showing up. 

We are not asking people to do the whole ground package with us, there is a game day option.

The 'security' we have is really trip support on the day in all aspects.

It's pre game party, bus there, game, bus back, post game party.   I don't think this is putting too much of a crimp in the seasoned travelers style.

We need people like you in the group, because of your experience in all these places.  It makes the whole thing, and I hope for you too, better for everyone.

But I might be drunk like Tucson... 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, MrsC said:

This is probably a bit early but I am a planner so I can't help myself ;). For those flying out of Vancouver on that 6 am Air Canada/United flight let me know if you are interested in sharing a taxi to the airport.  

Depending on where you are staying the Canada Line train works great to get to the airport in YVR. 

The first Canada Line train to YVR is at 4:48. Gets you to the airport at about 5:15. It then takes around 5 minutes to walk down to check in. If you’re on a flight that departs before 7 am, you’re cutting it very fine for check in and customs clearance. With that caveat, the Canada Line is absolutely the best way to get to the airport, if it fits your schedule. 

19 minutes ago, Chris Withers said:

The first Canada Line train to YVR is at 4:48. Gets you to the airport at about 5:15. It then takes around 5 minutes to walk down to check in. If you’re on a flight that departs before 7 am, you’re cutting it very fine for check in and customs clearance. With that caveat, the Canada Line is absolutely the best way to get to the airport, if it fits your schedule. 

I was planning to take the Canada Line but when I looked at the timing I felt arriving at 5:15 is cutting it a too close for a 6 am international flight.  I do have Nexus which will speed things up but I don't want to have to worry.  Plus I would have to walk a couple of blocks by myself at 4:30 in the morning which isn't that appealing.  So unfortunately, it looks like I will have to cab to the airport this time.

3 hours ago, MrsC said:

I was planning to take the Canada Line but when I looked at the timing I felt arriving at 5:15 is cutting it a too close for a 6 am international flight.  I do have Nexus which will speed things up but I don't want to have to worry.  Plus I would have to walk a couple of blocks by myself at 4:30 in the morning which isn't that appealing.  So unfortunately, it looks like I will have to cab to the airport this time.

Where are you staying? I have to come through downtown by cab. My roommates may also be downtown. We can split a cab four ways. 

1 hour ago, Chris Withers said:

Where are you staying? I have to come through downtown by cab. My roommates may also be downtown. We can split a cab four ways. 

I am staying at the Holiday Inn on Howe Street.  I would be up for sharing a cab if you do end up passing through that area.

Archived