FINAL UPDATE!!! Canada vs Mexico *Azteca Trip** March 26-30

Admin

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On March 2, 2016 at 10:22 PM, roue said:

Tomorrows Club America / Seattle CCL game will be at Azteca , for me an interesting look at the stadium .

Seeing clips from the game now. Is the entire first level under construction and off limits?

34 minutes ago, kevlar said:

Will the people going to Azteca receive the Beaver v. Luchador shirt?  I thought I read that somewhere, but I can't find it now.  I just want to know if I should order one, or if we will be getting one anyway.

Yep. Special on tour version. That makes you super cool when you wear it to upcoming games. 

• 2 weeks later...

@DontPanic Trevor,  any word on ticket sales at Azteca? I'm trying not to look past the home match in Vancouver, but I want to visualize what we will walking into. I have visions a sold out Azteca but I'm guessing that will likely not be the case.

I tried checking out the Mexican ticketmaster site but they don't have the interactive ticket map like we do. 

Is 50K reasonable to assume for our match? 

Edit: looks like the attendance was 57K for the EL Salvador fixture in November. 

35 minutes ago, ESG Shawn said:

@DontPanic Trevor,  any word on ticket sales at Azteca? I'm trying not to look past the home match in Vancouver, but I want to visualize what we will walking into. I have visions a sold out Azteca but I'm guessing that will likely not be the case.

I tried checking out the Mexican ticketmaster site but they don't have the interactive ticket map like we do. 

Edit: looks like the attendance was 57K for the EL Salvador fixture in November. 

This game could have fewer than 57k. It'll be a Tuesday night not a Friday night. Fewer away fans too. 50k is reasonable IMO. Should be at least 45k.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

This game could have fewer than 57k. It'll be a Tuesday night not a Friday night. Fewer away fans too. 50k is reasonable IMO. Should be at least 45k.

Bizzaro world we live in these days. There is potential for a bigger crowd for a WCQ in Vancouver vs. a WCQ in Mexico involving the same two teams. 

On 16/03/2016 at 5:13 PM, ESG Shawn said:

Quick check of TM Mexico and looks like a lot of the lower bowl is sold but the upper bowl is pretty much empty

44 minutes ago, theaub said:

Quick check of TM Mexico and looks like a lot of the lower bowl is sold but the upper bowl is pretty much empty

I wouldn't be surprised that in a place like Mexico thousands and thousands of fans just arrive early to the stadium and buy their tickets just before the game. They probably don't organize anything in advance. It's in their nature. :)

The last time I went to Mexico City it was for work. I learned the hard way that you are only allowed to bring one computer into Mexico ( I brought my work computer & my personal computer). I was stopped by customs and I don't know what came over me but I actually argued with the customs agent. I think I  am lucky that I don't have a threatening presence because eventually he go tired of me and let me go with both computers. I thought I would share though, in case anyone was thinking of bringing two computers.  

2 hours ago, MrsC said:

The last time I went to Mexico City it was for work. I learned the hard way that you are only allowed to bring one computer into Mexico ( I brought my work computer & my personal computer). I was stopped by customs and I don't know what came over me but I actually argued with the customs agent. I think I  am lucky that I don't have a threatening presence because eventually he go tired of me and let me go with both computers. I thought I would share though, in case anyone was thinking of bringing two computers.  

What is the reasoning behind this? It seems odd. I've been to Mexico a bunch of times but never brought a laptop.

I always enjoyed the "push this button to see if you get searched" button in the Cancun airport. I remember going through customs with a bunch of friends after getting off a charter flight and some in the group re-arranging their positioning after we watched a couple dozen people go through and seemingly figuring out the simple pattern of every 6 travellers.

22 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

What is the reasoning behind this? It seems odd. I've been to Mexico a bunch of times but never brought a laptop.

I always enjoyed the "push this button to see if you get searched" button in the Cancun airport. I remember going through customs with a bunch of friends after getting off a charter flight and some in the group re-arranging their positioning after we watched a couple dozen people go through and seemingly figuring out the simple pattern of every 6 travellers.

Yeah I hit the button and got flagged so I guess I was number 6. They said they were worried I was going to sell one of the computers there. I Told them my work computer is a slow piece of garbage and at the time I had a crapy net book for personal use so selling seemed unlikely.  I think the only reason they let me go was because I was getting hysterical and it wasn't worth their time, and I wasn't very threatening. 

1 minute ago, MrsC said:

Yeah I hit the button and got flagged so I guess I was number 6. They said they were worried I was going to sell one of the computers there. I Told them my work computer is a slow piece of garbage and at the time I had a crapy net book for personal use so selling seemed unlikely.  I think the only reason they let me go was because I was getting hysterical and it wasn't worth their time, and I wasn't very threatening. 

Oooooh Mexico; where things are always just a little off. 

6 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Oooooh Mexico; where things are always just a little off. 

When I go to Chihuahua for work I always enjoy watching the customs guards just lose their shit on anyone who steps an inch over the yellow line that's a good 30 feet away from the agents.

Archived