2015 VCup Semifinal 1 First Leg - Montreal vs. Toronto - May 6 [R]

What was the point of Bradley being in that game? Seemed disinterested and offered little going forward. TFC seemed to pick things up a bit once he was taken off.

I should also note that this was Bernier's first 90 minute stint of the year. I thought he did well. Probably the only player to show any quality in the 1st half.

What was the point of Bradley being in that game? Seemed disinterested and offered little going forward. TFC seemed to pick things up a bit once he was taken off.

I think that was more to do with Daniel "let me stand around and watch players cross balls into the box after I spent the game not making a single good pass" Lovitz being taken off at the same time.

Vanney was too slow to make his subs, but then TFC played & coached like they weren't particular interested in winning this game. So they accomplished their goal I suppose, but I would rather have had Hamilton & Manella get a look in accomplishing this goal rather than seeing any more of Lovitz. For that matter, Marky Delgado didn't cover himself with glory either although he's much younger and I'm not sure if that is really his preferred position.

Well Montreal did what the home side was suppose to do and ramped things up as the match got on.  Not sure taking a 1-nil lead into BMO next week is much comfort though.

Thought Bradley had his moments.  Don't credit his exit with an increased sense of urgency by TFC.  Put that down to the clock.

^ Agreed Lovitz and Delgado were awful.  Creaville got better as the game wore on.  I didn't think Bradley was that bad.  Osorio was okay, but he couldn't make that final pass.  Unfortunately, that was his job.

Osorio was invisible, Moore didn't do much, Delgado was alright at first but disappeared, Lovitz doesn't know how to pass properly, Creavalle I thought was improved upon his other times at RB but should still at best be third choice there.

Zavaleta I almost lost my mind on as he looked like he was smiling and joking around with McInerney after the goal was scored, when Zavaleta left McInerney wide open.

Thought Hamilton should have been subbed on. Thought Chapman looked okay but I feel that Hamilton based on what I've seen in USL should have been given the chance first, haven't seen much from Chapman in USL.

Fun multigenerational boys' night out, decent hotdogs, soccer that was about as inspiring as the 10 dollar, half-foam Budweiser. Although the goal was pieced together by two starters, the Impact only really had anything going when regulars came on as subs. 

But still not even a full supporter section? It looked half full at best. Disappointing.

The supporters section was pretty full for the match you are talking about. There were a lot of empty seats in the rest of the stadium but a lot of people in the supporters section. Not to mention that they have also opened a second supporters section behind the goal at the other end. Not sure what you are judging it on. The game on Saturday against Portland had a lot empty seats and not a very big supporters section but the Voyageurs Cup game had a well attended supporters section.

The Impact are suffering from a lot of things now, most of their own making, ie. owner hiring a friend to run the team and having a horrible season last year, poor marketing, oppression of supporters, not understanding the fan base. If they win those things will be negated somewhat but as soon as things go poorly these deficiencies become apparent.

The supporters section was pretty full for the match you are talking about. There were a lot of empty seats in the rest of the stadium but a lot of people in the supporters section. Not to mention that they have also opened a second supporters section behind the goal at the other end. Not sure what you are judging it on. The game on Saturday against Portland had a lot empty seats and not a very big supporters section but the Voyageurs Cup game had a well attended supporters section.

The Impact are suffering from a lot of things now, most of their own making, ie. owner hiring a friend to run the team and having a horrible season last year, poor marketing, oppression of supporters, not understanding the fan base. If they win those things will be negated somewhat but as soon as things go poorly these deficiencies become apparent.

That doesn't look "pretty full" to me. That looks like half a section or maybe a third.

post-2676-0-41911500-1431591848_thumb.jp

The supporters section at Stade Saputo has no seats and everyone crowds in pretty tight at the bottom of the section. I was in the supporters section at that game and there were a lot of people there. We may have been missing some of the tourists who in well attended games buy tickets in the section and don't move down and make the upper rows seem more full in pictures but there were a lot of people in the section during that game. There were also a lot of people in the supporters section at the other end of the stadium. You can see both sections in the following video:

I don't know what point you are trying to make here but if you want to talk about attendance problems in Montreal this is not the game to do it. They announced 12500 which doesn't seem that far off the mark of how many were in the stadium. That we get 12500 for a non-league game in a competition that most non die hard soccer fans don't really understand/know about and when we are in direct conflict with a Habs playoff game doesn't seem that bad. What is worrying is the following Saturday with perfect weather and no Habs conflict the MLS game against Portland was played in a stadium in which actual attendance was well below the announced 13000 and all the sections including the supporters sections had poor attendance. 

Archived