April 22 Impact and Club America in Mexico 1st leg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sportsnet will be broadcasting  the game on SportsnetWorld only. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/schedule/

And it currently says that it starts an hour late, after  a rebroadcast at 8 PM of the Juventus/Monaco game.

We'll have to see if that changes.  It's an old listing, as they didn't know who the winner of the America semi-final was.

Hmm, looking at zap2it.com they say that SportsnetWorld will air it at 8 pm.  But I thought kickoff was 9 pm according to the Montreal Impact website.  Though Montreal Impact's website only indicates that the TV broadcast will be on TVA Sports.

The game is scheduled for 9:PM EST

Well that would explain the confusion.  9 pm EST is 10 pm EDT, which is what Sportsnet's website says.  The Impact's website says it's 9 PM EDT.

Hmm, are you correct though ..  It is currently EST in Mexico City, but 9 pm does seem rather late to be starting the game.  Ticketmaster's Mexican website says kickoff is 8 pm EST (i.e 9 pm EDT here in Ontario/Quebec).

Lots of conflicting information.  What's your source?

Well that would explain the confusion.  9 pm EST is 10 pm EDT, which is what Sportsnet's website says.  The Impact's website says it's 9 PM EDT.

Hmm, are you correct though ..  It is currently EST in Mexico City, but 9 pm does seem rather late to be starting the game.  Ticketmaster's Mexican website says kickoff is 8 pm EST (i.e 9 pm EDT here in Ontario/Quebec).

Lots of conflicting information.  What's your source?

So, Sportsnet is showing it on tape delay. The game starts at 9. TVA Sports 2 comes on at 9.

i'll bet TVA 2 will only start after the Ranger Pittsburgh game which starts at 7PM, we will see.

http://www.tvasports.ca/television/grille-horaire#

TVA Sports 3 will show the end of the Rangers-Pittsburgh game. It's on my guide and if they do that, it's because they will play the first two periods of the game on TVA Sports 2 and that they'll put the remainder the game on TVA Sports 3.  If they are close in time, they will switch stations before.

A foolish marketing decision to not have the game available on regular channels. Focusing just on hockey when there is a national event and probably once in a lifetime opportunity to show Canadians what 100,000 fans can bring to a match.

i will drop Sportsnet after the Voyageur Cup games this summer. 

The schedule on Sportsnet website has now been adjusted so that it is shown live on Sportsnet World, at 9 PM EDT.

Still, it's a shame it isn't on a channel with more penetration.

I pay foir sportsnet world online since I have no tv package. Anyways not a single game has been delivered to the online package even though i pay for concacaf games. Also Any contact i initiated via email went unanswered.

A foolish marketing decision to not have the game available on regular channels. Focusing just on hockey when there is a national event and probably once in a lifetime opportunity to show Canadians what 100,000 fans can bring to a match.

i will drop Sportsnet after the Voyageur Cup games this summer. 

Hockey?  Sportsnet One is showing Blue Jays Baseball.  It would be nice if they could simply show the Montreal game on 1-hour delay after the baseball is over.

There's little point having all 4 Sportsnet (One, West, Pacific, and East) air the same hockey games (in this case Winnipeg/Anaheim).  They really have to utlize their channels better.  I'd have thought putting the soccer on the Montreal Sportsnet (East) would have worked.  Or airing it on Rogers' CIty-TV Montreal.

Hockey?  Sportsnet One is showing Blue Jays Baseball.  It would be nice if they could simply show the Montreal game on 1-hour delay after the baseball is over.

There's little point having all 4 Sportsnet (One, West, Pacific, and East) air the same hockey games (in this case Winnipeg/Anaheim).  They really have to utlize their channels better.  I'd have thought putting the soccer on the Montreal Sportsnet (East) would have worked.  Or airing it on Rogers' CIty-TV Montreal.

They bumped the semis to sportnet 360. Your solutions make too much sense for those morons at Sportsnet.

Well, I folded and resubscribed  to Sportsnet World.  Between this match, the game at the Big O next week, and the FA Cup final, it's not that bad, and then cancel for the summer.

There, that will teach them a lesson ..  

Baffled by that non red.  Does the guy have to be reaching to tap the ball in on the goal line or what?  Just makes a joke of the whole competition really, if the ref in charge of the final can't make such a basic call or even worse *gasp* is corrupt it sets the whole federation to joke status.  Here we are with a 2 leg tie with 160,000 fans total across two nations and you make a mockery of the sport.  

And I've been hearing so much talk about how intimidating Azteca is to play at etc. etc. I'm sure it's extremely hard from a physical perspective but in terms of atmosphere it has a very Serie A feel as if the fans are far away and not really on top of you as in other third world stadiums. 

Can we call Evan Bush up yet? He looks very good tonight. Donny Toia too... although he is pretty young and pretty sure he has no ties to Canada.

Bush had some long shots he didn't handle and bobbled out into dangerous areas. 

Apparently he picked up a yellow card in the 89th minute. If thats the case MTL is pretty screwed in terms of keepers. Does this mean Edmonton short term loanee John Smits gets the start?

Archived