April 22 Impact and Club America in Mexico 1st leg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dates and Kick Off Times Set for Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League Finals

Club America and Impact de Montreal to Battle for Regional Title in Home-and-Away Series Slated for April 22 & 29

Miami (Thursday, April 09, 2015) – The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) today confirmed the dates and kick off times for the Finals of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League 2014/15, which will feature Mexico’s Club America and Canada’s Impact de Montreal.

The home-and-away series begins in Mexico City on Wednesday, April 22, at 9 pm ET (8 pm local) at Estadio Azteca. The final and deciding leg will be played one week later on Wednesday, April 29 at 8:00 pm ET in Montreal, at that city’s historic Olympic Stadium.

Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League 2014/15 – Finals

Wednesday, April 22 (9 pm ET/8 pm local), Estadio Azteca –Club America vs. Impact de Montreal

Wednesday, April 29 (8 pm ET), Olympic Stadium – Impact de Montreal vs. Club America

The two finalists are competing to replace Mexico’s Cruz Azul as CONCACAF Scotiabank Champions League Champion. The winner will also earn a place in the 2015 FIFA Club World Cup, to be played this December in Japan.

The up-to-date schedule, news and stats from the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, as well as results from this and previous season’s fixtures can be found at CONCACAF.com.

It is not a national team game so why would you bring a Canadian flag?

To support the Canadian player America might field. Just kidding

Just hoping they're still alive at that point. 0-2 or 1-3 or something instead of things getting real ugly. I wish it was just a one game final at a neutral stadium like in Uefa.

I see national flags at club matches all the time.

I see Beckham jerseys (because I don't give a fuck about soccer but love celebrities so I should wear this to a soccer match), Bayern Munich jerseys (because I visited Germany once and only have one soccer jersey so I should wear it to the match even if it is the same colours of the opposition team though of course I did not know what their colours were before the match), Paris Saint Germaine jerseys (Montreal is French so we must all be PSG fans) etc. etc. In other words you see all sorts of jerseys/scarves/shirts etc. at games here and even in Europe where also many people are just as ignorant as here about the match even though they have every opportunity to understand the culture of the game.

When we are in Mexico we are representing Canada, Quebec, Montreal and the club so no problem with any of the flags at the away game. But in Montreal it should be the colours of the club, ie. Olympic Stadium should be blue, white and black.

Being  a  TFC  supporter   I  am  wishing  you  guys  the  best  of  Luck   in  this  tie.   It  will  not  be  easy    but  it  is  not  Impossible.  if  MTL   can  at  least  play  America  to  a  draw  or  a  even  if  they  lose down  at  Azteca  maybe  by  a  goal   it  will  be  a great  second  leg..  

I see Beckham jerseys (because I don't give a fuck about soccer but love celebrities so I should wear this to a soccer match), Bayern Munich jerseys (because I visited Germany once and only have one soccer jersey so I should wear it to the match even if it is the same colours of the opposition team though of course I did not know what their colours were before the match), Paris Saint Germaine jerseys (Montreal is French so we must all be PSG fans) etc. etc. In other words you see all sorts of jerseys/scarves/shirts etc. at games here and even in Europe where also many people are just as ignorant as here about the match even though they have every opportunity to understand the culture of the game.

When we are in Mexico we are representing Canada, Quebec, Montreal and the club so no problem with any of the flags at the away game. But in Montreal it should be the colours of the club, ie. Olympic Stadium should be blue, white and black.

Well I'm going to wear my Messi jersey so you can see my superior football knowledge and eye for talent.

I do agree that technically national flags have no business in CCL. But Mexicans don't seem to have a problem bringing their flags in our stadiums even though it's club football. Just sayin'

Its probably beacsue theyre not real America fans, just mexicans who find it a great place to show national pride.

Archived