Ottawa Fury FC vs FC Edmonton April 30, 2014 19:30EST/6:30PST

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game was a result that FC Edmonton fans have long deserved, as it feels like the team has blown scoring chance after scoring chance all year. Hell of a game by Boakai, he was all over the pitch. Aleksic was great as well in a CB role. A full 90 minutes for two 17 year old homegrown players is a great sign for the development of local players.

Attendance was 2001. Not a great crowd by any means, but I imagine the crowd should improve for next week against the Impact. 

Cap-Tie - Hanson Boakai, Marko Aleksic, Sadi Jalali immediately ...

Shaun Saiko too while your add it ...

Hamza Elias looked really fast

Nonni played well from what i saw, strong defending, one on one, n two dangerous crosses

I was at the game. Ottawa really took it to edmonton in the first half and should have been up at half time, but couldn't seem to shoot properly. Edmonton came out strong 2nd half and ottawa fell apart. Hanson played well but would be wise to keep his head up with the ball and track back.

CAP TIE BOAKAI!

This. 

He is a beast.

Anyone who was able to watch the game; how did the central defence partnership of Jarun and Trafford look tonight?

Jarun's weakness seems to be that he is a bit slow (he's got plenty of strengths as a CB to make up). Against Boakai, that weakness was exploited. I thought Trafford was decent. Having said that, I only got to watch the second half and highlights of the goals.

Congrats to the Eddies, but it sucks for us in Ottawa that we won't be getting MLS opposition this year. A V's Cup match-up against the Impact could have tremendously increased the profile of Fury in the city.

Archived