haha jamaica

madmonte

Just got back from a computerless 3 day road trip for work! Should have taken my laptop, derp, but I still didn't want to ruin the scoreline till I could watch it live. Just finished...what a hard 3 days that was! Can you imagine trying not to learn the score of a game for two days?

Anyways, we did what we needed to do against Cuba, glad that's done.

Secondly, it would appear Jamaica is very very much a longshot to qualify for the hex at this point. I wouldn't normally laugh at them, but if there was a chance Junior was waiting on who was going to the hex (and honestly, I am not that sure that IS his problem in declaring, but if I'm wrong and it is...), if junior was waiting, it's nice to see jamaica have such long odds. Good luck Guatemala, and good luck Antigua, for that reason alone. Don't let the scorelines run up!

As for Canada...yeah no comment I'm not normally superstitious, but in this case I'm not touching any comments or predictions with a ten foot pole...GO CANADA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got back from a computerless 3 day road trip for work! Should have taken my laptop, derp, but I still didn't want to ruin the scoreline till I could watch it live. Just finished...what a hard 3 days that was! Can you imagine trying not to learn the score of a game for two days?

Anyways, we did what we needed to do against Cuba, glad that's done.

Secondly, it would appear Jamaica is very very much a longshot to qualify for the hex at this point. I wouldn't normally laugh at them, but if there was a chance Junior was waiting on who was going to the hex (and honestly, I am not that sure that IS his problem in declaring, but if I'm wrong and it is...), if junior was waiting, it's nice to see jamaica have such long odds. Good luck Guatemala, and good luck Antigua, for that reason alone. Don't let the scorelines run up!

As for Canada...yeah no comment I'm not normally superstitious, but in this case I'm not touching any comments or predictions with a ten foot pole...GO CANADA

You do realize this thread is bad karma don't you? I mean laughing at Jamaica's misfortune?

Ya I don't really mind Jamaica, I want them to fail because of Hoilett and because I think if we make the Hex Honduras would be easier to get past. I enjoy their fans, the back and forth trolling is at least civil and the rivalry isn't nasty. We have had more battles with Guatemala and Honduras who always seem to be right in front of us to qualify. They still have a very good shot, USA at home should be a big favorite if the game actually plays out rather than both teams settling for a tie, and Jamaica at the office is difficult for anyone let alone Antigua with nothing to play for and 9 goals conceded in this round.

I really don't think Klinsmann and co will settle for draw at home to Guatemala. I wouldn't want to be Jürgen if the US sneaks into the hex with a draw. I think they'll win pretty convincingly. And can't see Jamaica not beating Antigua at home, though I also can't seen them blowing the Antiguans out.

Agreed - Jamaica is certainly my #2 in CONCACAF. They play with verve and generally an excellent attitude.

I actually like the way Mexico plays and especially how they develop players. They are becoming a world contender with most of their squad still domestic based. That's impressive to me. Also, it doesn't hurt for me that they are the Americans' achilles heel.

Yeah, I also like the Reggae Boys, and most of their fans are quite lovely. I suspect Junior is hoping for England.

Ahmen to that on both points.

Reggae boyz, probably my second favorit CONCACAF team... I think we see eye to eye on many things... such as (a) ganja consumption and (B) enjoyment of sticking it to the USA wherever possible.

You do realize this thread is bad karma don't you? I mean laughing at Jamaica's misfortune?

lol awesome point man...I felt it hard to resist though. I should really stay shut up until wednesday, so no more comments like that hopefully out of me.

I feel bad for Jamaica (USA-Guatemala can agree to play for a tie). If wasn't for whole Holliet situation, I would be rooting for them (outside of Canada of course). I prefer them over any of Latin American teams and USA.

I agree, it's purely the Junior thing for me here, and I have bad feelings towards him now regardless just based on how long it's taking him. Otherwise I'd like Jamaica. When Dobson was going on about "are you listening" to him, I almost got sick to my stomach that it was practically such a pleading nature, but Forrest talking about how it's such a great country with amazing comraderie was nice and definitely true!

Ahmen to that on both points.

Reggae boyz, probably my second favorit CONCACAF team... I think we see eye to eye on many things... such as (a) ganja consumption and (B) enjoyment of sticking it to the USA wherever possible.

Not to mention we share a certain amount of cynicism and pain in terms of eligible players turning out for more prominent countries, although all of our cases are born and bred and there's are looser allegiances usually.

Jamaica is in a much, much better spot then us ..

Going by the roughly expected betting lines, I'd give USA and Jamaica both winning about 66% chance while Canada's odds of getting a result are more like 40%, IMO.

In terms of odds and odds alone, since the goal difference has to be 4 combined, I don't think they are in a better spot than us. Factor in that they are playing at home, and the actual odds for winning only, yeah you may be right... But factoring in the combined goals destroys those odds completely.

Still very possible Jamaica qualifies, but somehow I see Guatemala as being through. USA on home soil could be a factor, but wth is that team doing with Wondolowski. Based on the idiocy of the callups they chose, no Altidore, no Wondo...they deserve to get shut out against guatemala even at home lol...

In terms of odds and odds alone, since the goal difference has to be 4 combined, I don't think they are in a better spot than us. Factor in that they are playing at home, and the actual odds for winning only, yeah you may be right... But factoring in the combined goals destroys those odds completely.

Still very possible Jamaica qualifies, but somehow I see Guatemala as being through. USA on home soil could be a factor, but wth is that team doing with Wondolowski. Based on the idiocy of the callups they chose, no Altidore, no Wondo...they deserve to get shut out against guatemala even at home lol...

Oh right, I forgot about the goal difference. Still, I don't think their as big of a long shot as you make em out to be .. but hey, I hope I'm wrong !

Ok, I better get some sleep. Got a plane to catch in 8 hours !

Jamaica is in a much, much better spot then us ..

Going by the roughly expected betting lines, I'd give USA and Jamaica both winning about 66% chance while Canada's odds of getting a result are more like 40%, IMO.

Not so sure about that. The bottom line is Jamaica doesn't have their destiny in their own hands. If USA and Guatemala draw then it doesn't matter if Jamaica beats A&B 50-nil, they aren't advancing.

Although our road may seem more difficult, I suspect 10 teams out of 10 would choose having their own fate in their hands than not...

Not so sure about that. The bottom line is Jamaica doesn't have their destiny in their own hands. If USA and Guatemala draw then it doesn't matter if Jamaica beats A&B 50-nil, they aren't advancing.

Although our road may seem more difficult, I suspect 10 teams out of 10 would choose having their own fate in their hands than not...

+1 unless you're playing Mexico in Azteca...

You post in the predictions thread saying it should be closed and that making a prediction for that game is bad karma and 10 minutes later you make this thread....sigh....

For me bad karma is only talking about your group and your result, but if you feel otherwise and think it's about talking about any group then don't worry, I'll cease and desist even that. I don't want to rub anyone's karma wrong right now.

I do understand the Hoilett angst, but if the decision between Jamaica/Canada comes down to who is going to the Hex, then both sides should not be too unhappy if he choses the other. He is a great player, but I think the Reggae Boyz want players committed to them just as much as we do. I don't wish ill upon them, and, truth be known, think that the best thing that could happen in terms of a better qualifying process is if Jamaica and Guatemala both advance and the Americans get eliminate two years before the bloody tournament!

As for suggestions that the US will win against Guatemala, I think it is somewhat naive to think the Yanks will not do what is in there best interests. They are no better or worse than anyone else in CONCACAF and will feather their nest in a heart beat. Even if not explicitly agreed upon, then it will be tacitly. I am pretty sure Jamaican fans are pretty worried right now, and with good reason IMO.

For me bad karma is only talking about your group and your result, but if you feel otherwise and think it's about talking about any group then don't worry, I'll cease and desist even that. I don't want to rub anyone's karma wrong right now.

"Karma" doesn't exist

Archived