Atletico Madrid B keeper born in Montreal

nolando

I hope Canadian soccer can soon come to a point where we don't concern ourselves over players (with some Canadian connection) playing in foreign second divisions or obscure foreign leagues.

It's never going to change, this is the way international footy is. We may stop looking in second divisions and obscure leagues but it will still happen elsewhere. Even Italy has a few foreigners in their ranks...

It's never going to change, this is the way international footy is. We may stop looking in second divisions and obscure leagues but it will still happen elsewhere. Even Italy has a few foreigners in their ranks...

True. Italy's Futsal team has 7 Brazilians on it out of 12 players recently. While I would love to see the day we don't care about it that is a ways away. Dare to dream Arnold, dare to dream :)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/15/2016 at 10:52 AM, Pottsy3 said:

Hopefully we can put a couple past Yassine Bounou and make him regret his choice not to play for us.

Since the #CanMNT is about to play Morocco next month, might as well mention that he got himself cap-tied to Morocco on September 4th 2016 during a CAF qualifier vs São Tomé. (he may have been cap-tied earlier but I can only find friendlies where he has played prior to this at the senior level). Every time we lose to Honduras in SPS and get knoked out of WCQ we have to lose at least one player right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_qualification_Group_F

http://www.cafonline.com/en-us/competitions/qcan2017/MatchDetails?MatchId=cM4ZtQap%2frVtdK1QDdH0jJqqL6Khk4DMmlpZ51N42yB%2bM%2fdSl%2fXNfXQmRsCn%2bwlT

Another player officially lost :(

/lock thread

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

There was talk that he was still interested in playing for Canada but seems like they heard it and there was no way they would let him go so they tied him up even with the first keeper being there.

Morocco doesn't really have a first choice goalkeeper. All their goalkeeper are very average so they just don't know who's best.

Archived