Top NCAA Prospects

Sigma FC's Greg Ranjitsingh, of Pickering, Ont., is having a great year at Mercer in Georgia. He was named Atlantic Sun Defensive player of the week after he shut out Georgia State and Georgia Southern over the weekend.

http://www.mercerbears.com/sports/msoc/2012-13/releases/20120917jm7vtl

He is 10th all time for shutouts in the A-Sun Conference, early into his Sophomore year, and his play has caught the eye of the Trinidad national program where has gone to three U20 team camps.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daniel Haber went head to head with Jake Keegan tonight (joint NCAA leader) and Cornell won 5-0 Haber had 2 goals and an assist to put him at 9 for the season. Also pretty weird coincidence RIGHT after I looked up that result I happened to check one of my old high school hockey box scores, a 10-8 L... turns out a guy on the other team named Daniel Haber had 6 goals.. once a goal scorer always a goal scorer I guess.

This article makes it sound like he could be interested in accepting a GA offer

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/1073926--head-surgery-to-headers-for-soccer-star

If there’s one thing he can score better in, it’s his marks.

“They’re not anything too special, especially in comparison to some of my classmates, who are very, very focused … on getting great grades and moving on directly to Wall St.,” he says.

While many of his classmates may be bound for high finance, Haber, a communications major, is keeping his mind open to a professional soccer career.

“I want to get better and keep playing until somebody tells me I can’t anymore,” he says.

“I keep trying to get to the next level.”

I think part of the generation deal is an opportunity to return to school -paid for- if MLS doesn't work out.

In the current US economy, I don't think even Cornell grads are walking into jobs making the $100k+ associated with most GA deals. You don't really have to be an economics major to see that it makes some sense for him.

Daniel Haber went head to head with Jake Keegan tonight (joint NCAA leader) and Cornell won 5-0 Haber had 2 goals and an assist to put him at 9 for the season. Also pretty weird coincidence RIGHT after I looked up that result I happened to check one of my old high school hockey box scores, a 10-8 L... turns out a guy on the other team named Daniel Haber had 6 goals.. once a goal scorer always a goal scorer I guess.

One of my good friends who is on my summer soccer team and plays pro hockey in Europe during the winter has been and unbelievable goal scorer in both leagues. When ever any new players on our team asks him what he does for a living he always says "I get paid to score goals." Some dudes just have a nose for the net.

This article makes it sound like he could be interested in accepting a GA offer

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/1073926--head-surgery-to-headers-for-soccer-star

If there’s one thing he can score better in, it’s his marks.

“They’re not anything too special, especially in comparison to some of my classmates, who are very, very focused … on getting great grades and moving on directly to Wall St.,” he says.

While many of his classmates may be bound for high finance, Haber, a communications major, is keeping his mind open to a professional soccer career.

“I want to get better and keep playing until somebody tells me I can’t anymore,” he says.

“I keep trying to get to the next level.”

Thats crazy he was completely away from the game for 3.5 years after a life threatening skull infection. I'd imagine the fact that he can get to this level that fast after coming back means the guy still has a lot of room to keep improving. GL to him and hopefully someone from the program can bring him into a camp.

After the first few weeks of the season, Daniel Haber (Jr.) of Cornell is leading the nation with 6 goals in 4 games. Pat Lepera (Sr.) has 4 goals in 6 matches for Detroit, while maybe Canadian Kofi Opare (Sr.) has 2 goals in 4 games from CB for Michigan. Darren Jones (Sr.) has chipped with a goal and an assist for Western Michigan, who are scratching at the top 25, while Jordon Ongaro (Jr.) has 2 goals in 4 games for San Diego St. Nathan Igman (So.) has quietly taken over the goalkeeping duties at Florida Gulf Coast and has two consecutive clean sheets, with 3 wins on the trot. Finally defender Anthony Perez (Jr) scored against South Carolina, as his 49ers are poised to challenge for the 1st overall ranking if their form continues.

Bekker, Zadro, Gobeil, Welshman, and Wickham all very quiet thus far. Beckie, I think, has picked up a knock.

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-soccer/stats/2012-2013/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND

Sophomore, Allando Matheson has four goals so far for the #2 ranked UConn Huskies

Great stuff. Haber and Welshman named to College Soccer News national team of the week. Welshman scored four goals and added one assiste in two games, including the double overtime winner over UC-Irvine.

http://collegesoccernews.com/index_files/Page6680.htm

He was also named Top Drawer Soccer's national player of the week.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-articles/rankings-change-from-bottom;-welshman-potw_aid26513

Great results from all the Canadians on this board. Congrats to Matheson and Haber!

And moving right along...

What seniors are possible combine invites based on current form? I'd go with:

Emery Welshman

Milo Kapor

Darren Jones

Drew Beckie

Based on past reputation I'm guessing Bekker, Opare and maybe Zadro or Gobeil. But how about the Niagra guys, Rene De Zorzi & Bryan Da Cruz?

If Carl Haworth didn't get an invite from Niagara as the school's top player of all-time those two don't stand a chance. I think Welshman and Bekker are sure bets for the combine.

I thought their record was fairly compelling thus far. Undefeated against decent competition:

08/24/2012 Pittsburgh

@ Pittsburgh, Pa. T 1 - 1 (2OT)

08/26/2012 @ Duquesne W 4 - 2

08/31/2012 @ Syracuse W 2 - 1

09/02/2012 Green Bay W 3 - 1

09/07/2012 New Hampshire

@ Burlington, Vt. T 0 - 0 (2OT)

09/09/2012 @ Vermont T 0 - 0 (2OT)

09/14/2012 @ Wright St. W 3 - 0

09/21/2012 Saint Francis (PA) W 2 - 1 (1OT)

09/23/2012 @ St. Bonaventure W 3 - 2

I thought their record was fairly compelling thus far. Undefeated against decent competition:

08/24/2012 Pittsburgh

@ Pittsburgh, Pa. T 1 - 1 (2OT)

08/26/2012 @ Duquesne W 4 - 2

08/31/2012 @ Syracuse W 2 - 1

09/02/2012 Green Bay W 3 - 1

09/07/2012 New Hampshire

@ Burlington, Vt. T 0 - 0 (2OT)

09/09/2012 @ Vermont T 0 - 0 (2OT)

09/14/2012 @ Wright St. W 3 - 0

09/21/2012 Saint Francis (PA) W 2 - 1 (1OT)

09/23/2012 @ St. Bonaventure W 3 - 2

It's definitely impressive so far, I go to Niagara U btw but it's just way too hard to get noticed there. Some of Haworth's old teammates told me he'd probably be playing pro right now if he went to a bigger school.

Archived