Top NCAA Prospects

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the goal.com article you posted:

"All players must take part in a combination of 80 games or practice sessions before departing for college in order to establish their eligibility for a Home Grown contract. Once they leave for school, they must participate in a minimum of 30 games or practice sessions (usually with the first team, but not always) during their four years in order to maintain their connection to the club."

So as i mentioned in post 141 of this thread, it's up to Allando Matheson to decide if he wants to come back to train and qualify as a HG (assuming that TFC invite him). By the sounds of it he wants nothing to do with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Bekker is currently training with Crystal Palace, who have been following his progress for some time. Kyle was able to get over for two weeks after his college season with Boston College ended. He's got a few more opportunities lined up after the holidays in addition to the interest he has garnered from MLS teams.

Emery has been invited to train with the Seattle Sounders in advance of the MLS Draft. He's heading over there next week.

In other Sigma news, winger Jarrett Hamilton just returned from the FC Edmonton combine, where he impressed the team staff.

Isn't Daniel Haber still a junior? The only underclassmen invited to the combine are ones that have already signed a Gen Adidas contract, I believe.

Shoot. Good job, you're right about that. I thought he was a senior. Sorry about that.

Hmmm...looks like he was named first team all-American. Not bad.

Is Opare committed to Canada? Link below has him on the USSF player pool.

http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/u-20-mnt/o/kofi-opare.aspx

Believe this came up before but I don't recall what the circumstances are

He grew up in the States but moved to Canada before university, his family lives in Niagara Falls and I'm sure if we want him in the future he'll be ours as he doesn't look likely to make the states.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived