Top NCAA Prospects

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flo Liu scored his first goal for UConn. It was a game winner over No. 8 ranked Notre Dame. They won 2-1 and the first goal came from a penalty after Allando Matheson was pulled down. He didn't take the penalty though.

Haber also scored his 14th of the year as Cornell beat Penn 3-2. He's scored in 6 consecutive games.

If Flo can keep his starting spot, you gotta think he'll get enough exposure to get an invite to the combine -or at least a chance at a supplemental draft spot. Left footed players are hard to come by. (Unless you're Canada or the Whitecaps, then you live in a bizarro world and can't find right footed players).

Got named big east weekly honor roll as well. I heard he had an injury which was why he missed the first 4 games and now he's back.. set up 2 goals in his first 2 games back as a sub (didn't get credited for assists somehow) and now he's the starting guy with a game winner against Notre Dame

I never thought I'd be this interested in NCAA soccer but: big clash today as UConn (#2) meets Georgetown (#3). Currently 2-1 UConn in the 66th minute. Liu got the start. Matheson subbed on at the 63 minute and scored a minute later (assisted by Liu). That's his sixth goal on the season and he's only started 1 game for them. He averages 48 minutes. Not a bad strike rate.

I never thought I'd be this interested in NCAA soccer but: big clash today as UConn (#2) meets Georgetown (#3). Currently 2-1 UConn in the 66th minute. Liu got the start. Matheson subbed on at the 63 minute and scored a minute later (assisted by Liu). That's his sixth goal on the season and he's only started 1 game for them. He averages 48 minutes. Not a bad strike rate.

Talking about Canadian connection in Connecticut

Great stuff from Liu and Matheson. Met them when they came to the GTA this summer. Great team and nice to see the Canadians doing well for such a top program.

Here's an update from Greg Ranjitsingh of Sigma and Mercer in Georgia... He's a sophomore keeper and he was named Atlantic Sun's defensive player of the week and also made TopDrawerSoccer.com's national team of the week.

http://mercerbears.com/sports/msoc/2012-13/releases/201210083aqccg

Great stuff from Liu and Matheson. Met them when they came to the GTA this summer. Great team and nice to see the Canadians doing well for such a top program.

Here's an update from Greg Ranjitsingh of Sigma and Mercer in Georgia... He's a sophomore keeper and he was named Atlantic Sun's defensive player of the week and also made TopDrawerSoccer.com's national team of the week.

http://mercerbears.com/sports/msoc/2012-13/releases/201210083aqccg

Surprised that you didn't mention Welshman had the winner last night in a 1-0 win over San Diego State (Ongaro, Pegg)

Also the new topdrawer rankings are out and as predicted Welshman has made his way onto the list at #64, Bekker is at #47, the injured Tomislav Zadro drops off the list and Haber gets screwed at #97.

Surprised that you didn't mention Welshman had the winner last night in a 1-0 win over San Diego State (Ongaro, Pegg)

Also the new topdrawer rankings are out and as predicted Welshman has made his way onto the list at #64, Bekker is at #47, the injured Tomislav Zadro drops off the list and Haber gets screwed at #97.

The aforementioned Ranjitsingh also cracked the top 20 ranking in his conference -where Haber did take #1 in the Ivy.

Sorry, shared on twitter and facebook, but forgot about this board. But yes, he did well against San Diego St. after the team had a tough 1-0 to UCLA the day before. Also, Bekker set up the winner in a close 1-0 win for Boston College over #15 Wake Forest. Bekker is rounding into form have playing most of the season with a mild injury.

How can Topdrawersoccer be serious with putting Haber down at 97? Cornell is ranked 16th in the nation and Haber has scored 15 of their 32 goals along with 6 assists... doesn't add up. Also strange to think that in their mid-season player of the year poll Syracuse's Skylar Thomas finished 1st overall and didn't even make the list.. and wasn't mentioned in an article about Syracuse on their site either.

How can Topdrawersoccer be serious with putting Haber down at 97? Cornell is ranked 16th in the nation and Haber has scored 15 of their 32 goals along with 6 assists... doesn't add up. Also strange to think that in their mid-season player of the year poll Syracuse's Skylar Thomas finished 1st overall and didn't even make the list.. and wasn't mentioned in an article about Syracuse on their site either.

These guys are total dicks. I call conspiracy. Not a single Canadian in the Top 100 Freshmen:

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college/freshmentop100/?genderId=m&periodId=14&seasonId=2012&nopage=3

At number 55. Andrew Ferguson of Stoney Creek, Ontario who is at Marshall University.

And how does he get at 55?! The guy is playing at a small school as a forward and only has 3 goals. Topdrawer is a great site for stats but when it comes to opinion I don't rate it very highly. McKendry, Stanese and Rodriguez all could have made this list.

And how does he get at 55?! The guy is playing at a small school as a forward and only has 3 goals. Topdrawer is a great site for stats but when it comes to opinion I don't rate it very highly. McKendry, Stanese and Rodriguez all could have made this list.

Yeah, those were the three I was looking for. Must have missed Ferguson. However, the younger Guerriero brother and Laroque at Bryant are both doing really well, Alex De Carolis is starting for a rising Canisius College, Mark Anthony Gonzalez is playing well for Evansville, and Raphael Reynolds and Shaun Claud Lawson are regulars, contributing for Oakland. Small schools, but a lot of this list are playing at small schools.

Archived